Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

who has changed their diet??

hi who has changed their diet?or do you just eat the same as ever?

what kind of things do you eat?

i ask because i havent changed very much, altho i do try to eat more fruit and veg and fresh juices rather than fizzy etc

and i obviously dont have the things we are advised not to.

because i am at home all day i feel i am eating constantly probably due to boredom in a way.

a normal day would be cereal for breakfast, rice crispies or weetabox usually with hot milk!
then about an hour after i would have a couple slices of toast with lurpak (lighter)

then for kunch i would have soup with bread and butter and then an apple or crunch corner

then for dinner, usually a frozen lasagne type meal or pasta with frresh pototoes and beans/peas
my oh loves to have a puddig after dinner (we are only married since july and that is what he got at home!) so we almost always have a pudding!

but in between all this i might have at least 2 packs of crisps and at least one choc bar a day

am i gonna end up so fat??? is this ok? i am size 10 pre=preganayc and can usually eat a lot of rubbish without puttin gon weight. i lost all my baby weight last time really easily but i feel bigger this time and cant stop eating !!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

Replies

• i dont really change my eating habits when preggers but i eat a fairly healthy balance anyhow, i dont bother with toast unless its proper butter though! i cant stand low fat spread,lol
    i have bran flakes for brekkie about 6.30, a couple slices toast around 11, then just snack on fruit and yog during the day and have a big ish dinner (casserole, pasta bake,rissotto) that kinda thing i dont eat much choc but am partial to the odd slice or 2 of cheese cake!
    xx
  • Usually I have 2 pieces of toast or 3 weetabix with sugar (I know, tut tut lol) for breakfast, a sandwich, soup or boiled eggs for dinner and pasta and cheese for tea. I might have a chocolate bar or two as well lol. I try to eat fruit and veg too but it's hard! Especially when pizza hut or the chippy is calling me. :lol:

Since being pregnant I have gone off meat in a big way. I do sometimes eat it but not very much and just in sandwiches. I will eat sausages but they have to be a certain kind. Basically I've turned veggie! I'm not big on fizzy drinks anymore either. Avoiding these two things which I wouldn't eat anyway has kept the pounds off and I am still at pre-preg weight (however...I lost 9lbs in the first trimester...so really I have gained 9lbs, maybe a bit less.)

Like you I have lots of vices though! I love my salt and have it on everythin even though I shouldn't, also chocolate and melted cheese! And tbh I'm crap at avoiding the things I shouldnt, I have had runny eggs lately just cos they're so yummy! x

• My diet was awful before getting pregnant and is probably even worse now! I was overweight before falling pregnant and spent the 1st 10 wks with sickness and nausea struggling to eat! Now I can only eat small amounts in one go and seem to have gone off a lot of sweet things! Have changed shape and got larger but it has resulted in me being 16wks 4 days pregnant and weighing less than when I fell pregnant!

Like you Tiger Lily the cravings for some "avoidable" foods became too strong and I did eat small amounts of pate over Christmas and runny egg and bacon on toast was probably the best thing I have tasted in the last 16 wks lol!!!
  • My diet was awful before getting pregnant and is probably even worse now! I was overweight before falling pregnant and spent the 1st 10 wks with sickness and nausea struggling to eat! Now I can only eat small amounts in one go and seem to have gone off a lot of sweet things! Have changed shape and got larger but it has resulted in me being 16wks 4 days pregnant and weighing less than when I fell pregnant!

Like you Tiger Lily the cravings for some "avoidable" foods became too strong and I did eat small amounts of pate over Christmas and runny egg and bacon on toast was probably the best thing I have tasted in the last 16 wks lol!!!
  • im glad im no the only one who still has the odd treat!!ol...i wieghed myself last night and i am just over a sotne heavier and i am 21 weeks do you think this is normal or a bit much, my boobs are 2 sizes bigger (only a c not massive s i was only an A normally) and my bum and hips got bigger this time too, so its not all bump
  • They say you carry bigger second time round as everything is already streched so thats maybe why you feel bigger. You need to eat slightly more as the baby takes so much from you thats my excuse and im sticking to it lol
    Im the same i feel like i eat all day too but i have gone off big meals so i eat little and often the only thing im quite partial to is a chicken curry from the chinese but i have to have my breakfast or i feel ill.
    vikki xx
  • im the same with chicken curry ffom chinese!! and i also have to have breakfast now where before i could go without breakfast and didnt reall yfeel like eating in the morning, now its the first thing i do!!
  • I feel like my diet changes from week to week. Not purposefully but one week I can't stop eating and another I can barely face food. I too have eaten eggs.....

They are just so terribly delicious with sticks of toast. image

As for weight gain I have gained 60 pounds roughly in each of my pregnancies, and still come back to a size 6 with out killing myself trying after wards. I have no proof but I think you will gai however much weight your body needs and it will shift later. So eat to make yourself happy, and if you worry maybe take a prenatal vitamin.

Now to talk about curry.... I only wish the place up the road from me was open image
  • I haven't really changed my diet apart from having a major craving for milkshake. I don't like any of the forbidden foods so I don't miss them at all. I've been trying to eat more fruit and veg and more balanced meals. I have had a few mad moments of wanting a quarter pounder from McDonalds (I usually wouldn't touch this with a barge pole lol!) or a kebab or Indian or chinese or Italian lol lol! I think your body pretty much lets you know what you need to eat and how much, eat what you want but once you are full stop eating (that's always been my motto anyhow). I've always been quite slim and only put on a stone during my last pregnancy and it all dropped off once I had the baby. Breastfeeding is the best diet in the world for getting rid of baby weight!
  • I haven't changed my diet drastically (except for cutting out alcohol) but am making sure I get my 5 a day, I've always had plenty of veg cos I make a fresh meal every night but didn't used to eat much fruit. I used to have fizzy drinks but am trying to drink water and am buying fruit smoothies. I've always had a major sweet tooth but while I've been pregnant I've completely gone off chocolate, I just crave cake and crips sometimes and don't think there's anything wrong with having stuff like that as long as your putting good stuff in your body aswell. I do keep fancying a burger and especially macdonalds - might have to nip there in my lunchbreak!
  • I havn't changed my diet drastically as i know its not good to lose weight in pregnancy but im more aware of what I eat. Im a size 10 -12 but was starting to feel a bit fat at xmas with all the goodies on offer & had planned to really get into the healthy eating/exercise in the new yr but obviously being pg has changed that!
    Breakfast - branflakes & cranberry juice to drink
    Lunch - pitta bread with salad or filled with betroot
    Tea- cooked meal (trying to avoid ready meals as i heard they are not good if ur pg?)
    snack - fruit, choc bar or cereal bar
    Exercise - attempting to go swimming
    (must confess though, i'm writing this with a tub of choc orange segments next to me! lol) x