Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Oops - Just been putting cot together now i'm in pain

Hi everyone,

I'm so fe up with hubby being crap at putting things together that i decided i'd try and put the cot together today. I haven't got very far and didn't feel like I was over doing it at the time but i've just had t stop as i have a really quite intense pain the right hand side of my tummy. It kind of feels like a pulled muscle. Do you think its ok? I'm a bit worried but don't want to tell hubby yet cause he'll tell me off for attempting it in the first place.

Like i said it really didn't feel like i was overdoing it at all, most of the time i was trying to work out the instructions!!

Do i need to worry?!

Thank you,

Amy 35 weeks xxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    i did this when i was 3 months i put together a double bed on my own i was in agony after and during but i needed to do it as oh was working until 9.30pm so unless i did it we were gonna sleep on the floor lol i was ok the next day tho
  • Options
    Hiya!!

Yeah it sounds like a pulled muscle. I pulled my muscle at 30 weeks and it started my labour off but thankfully it was stopped with drugs.

Just have a bit of a rest and if the pain gets worse or you start getting tightenings give the MW a call.

And i know what you mean about lazy partners!! I'm moving house in 4 weeks and my partner needs to do up the new one so its ready for when we all move in. I best have my baby by then!!

Lotsa Love

Heather 38wks xx
  • Options
    How are you feeling now Febrary baby? Has the pain gone?
  • Options
    Hi everyone, thank you very much for your replies. The pain in my side has worn off now and just have some pains under my bump, probably just over did it a bit. I don't think i;ve done any damage as baby is still moving lots. I'll prob be back to normal tomorrow!!

Thank you again, I really appreciate it xxxxxxxxx