Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Disturbed sleep - dreams and NIGHT MARES!!

hello lovely ladies, I have been have terrible dreams nearly every night, and I feel quite disturbed when I wake from them my fella recons I should go to the doctors... I do tend to dream alot and remember them any ways but they have turned to be more nasty and sometimes I wake up frightened...

I just wonder if any one else gets these or if anyone has ideas about what could help prevent them...

I watch my diet, have a warm bath before bed, make sure I read only nice books, have a kiss and a cuddle with other half...

I just feel so down about it now... & being so tired is making the whole pregnancy thing hard to cope with even thought We really really want this beautiful active child and have done for a long awaited time! :cry::cry:

Replies

• i know exactly how you feel. i have these dreams constantly.. more so since getting pregnant... Ive always suffered from nightmares and remembering all my wierd dreams...
    it also leaves me feeling very low and confused at times...
    glad im not the only one...
    my bad dreams effect me for the rest of the day and sometimes longer.
    i have a pretty complex and difficult mind and dont know how hubby puts up with it sometimes.

you could try the doctors but i dont think they can help.
    ive suffered from depression before so this may be a factor for me.

• yeah I was told by a doctor this time last year I had depression but he said it wasn't clinical that it was due to the suituation i was facing at the time...

sleep is so important... I just wish I could have proper sleep! x
  • I had some very strange dreams lately. Some have made me so upset, iv had 2 NIGHTMARES of miscarrying my baby which was awful. I had another dream of being chased by dinosaurs and i was hiding under a cover but my feet were sticking out and they started sniffing my feet and then sniffing my neck! lol i was really scared when i woke up but then i had to laugh at mself for having such a stupid dream lol

xx
  • i think its pretty common, ive hardly been sleeping and keep having horrible dreams. i remember that after i had my first child they got WORSE after she was born. it should wear off eventually.
  • i think its pretty common, ive hardly been sleeping and keep having horrible dreams. i remember that after i had my first child they got WORSE after she was born. it should wear off eventually.