Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Growth charts

I'm getting rly confused with the fundal height charts!!

Today I got measured and was measuring 31cm (at 31 weeks), however I have looked at the weight conversion and it says 4lbs 8oz! Can that be right, cos it doesn't sound like it? I had a moderately full bladder as I was rushing before the appointment - could that have made a difference?

I'm mainly confused cos from what I've read on here, 31cm is average for 31 weeks, and yet on my fundal height chart it says this is bigger than average? The charts have my height (5"5) and BMI (26) on them - does that mean they are specially adapted for me? Confused!!! :?

Replies

• mine was off all thru my first pregnancy.. they had it down for 9lb at 38 weeks and he was a 6lb baby at birth (42 weeks) i was confused ! not going to follow it this time round! xx
  • mine was off all thru my first pregnancy.. they had it down for 9lb at 38 weeks and he was a 6lb baby at birth (42 weeks) i was confused ! not going to follow it this time round! xx
  • I know lol everyone keeps telling me to ignore it! I know someone who was told her baby would be over 10lbs at 40 weeks but he was two weeks late and weighed 8lbs 14oz! But it's hard to ignore it when its your first xxx
  • i no i was always checking over my notes wen i got home from the midwife id sit and show my partner wat everything ment.. but dnt worry.xx
  • I am paranoid about having a big baby. I see don't see the midwife for ages yet so I have yet to discover how big she thinks the little dear is!
  • Jellyfishpink, I'm exactly the same!! I'm terrified that it means I am making him unhealthy (how silly is that?) by eating a bit too much! Had half a tube of pringles today!

Strange how we worry, when actually big babies are healthier than small ones apparently!
  • I know, I don't seem to have stopped eating today! I can't imagine how anything that big can come out of a hole that small! sorry if tmi, but I really can't get my head around that idea!!!!
    xxx
  • I know, I don't seem to have stopped eating today! I can't imagine how anything that big can come out of a hole that small! sorry if tmi, but I really can't get my head around that idea!!!!
    xxx
    Me neither! I'm absolutely dreading the birth particularly the idea of forceps or an episiotomy...aaaarrrrgh!

SarahandNigel...you've put my mind at rest...for now hehe! I havent put on much weight only a stone & a half but it has piled on recently so I'm sure there's more to come.
  • My mum had forceps with me and has delighted in telling me all about it! I'm trying not to think about it and just think to the bit when I get the baby in my arms. I think I'm scared because I won't be in control and I hate not being in control! Lol. Pleased someone else understands how I feel Tiger Lily!

Louise.
    xx
  • At least your mum has experience of it tho, mine had 2 elective c-sections (my dad insists she was 'too posh to push' - they're divorced and always trying to annoy each other through me!) and all she says is 'It can't be that hard' :?

I was never scared about giving birth but now it is getting closer I'm pretty much terrified!
  • Hi all, all the panicking is making me smile it is exactly how i felt when i was pregnant with my first, lol believe me though they do come out of a small hole like that aaarrrhh, i dont want to make things seem worse but i did have a venouse delivery with an episiotomy and my baby girl only weighed 5lb 14oz at 42weeks i think no matter what size the baby if you need help you need it and it really isnt as bad as it sounds yes truthful its not nice but not as bad as you imagine good luck to u all though and seriously dont worry yourselves too much about size i eat everything yet have still lost 2 stone and am having a small baby again good luck though and enjoy Sophie 31+1 xx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev119pp___.png