Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

update

Hello everyone. Thanks for you kind words of support.

I went into hospital again and was put on a trace and had second steroid injection.Also discovered i am anemic so been put on Iron tablets. Everything looked fine. Went for my apppointment with consultant, she done a quick scan but as i was so tender she didnt want to probe too hard soo couldnt tell much. On examining me she said my womb was very tense and as a reasult of all the bleeding she wanted me to stay in said that birth is imminent in the next few days via cesarian as they are giving me a very short threshold what ever that means, unless things settle which isnt very likely.

I came home to get some stuff together and was on our way back in to town when WE HAD A HEAD ON CAR CRASH. I think i am still in shock. There was me and OH along with our other children who are 6, 4, and 2 in the car. We where travelling about 25 to 30mph and it was full on. Just so glad we all had our seat belts on. I think the shock just took over completely as I came home and havent been back to hspital. No one was hurt badly in the crash my daughter who is 2 has a red mark on her neck very slight from the seat belt and our 4 year old son complained about a belly ache and was sick, all put down to shock i think. The police came and check everyone briefly and said we all seemed fine so no need for ambulance. I have decided to stay up as long as i can now and see if i have any extra pain and see if little one moves much, have had a few movements so far. The car is a write off as is the other drivers (whos fault it was btw) so will have to try and sort out courtesy car first thing in the morning as hospital is 20miles away and wont be able to cope if I have to go alone and OH cant come up and down as often is needed.
I personally think my daughter will be born tomorrow when I will be 33+1 weeks and had 2 steroid injections. At the way my luck is going i think it would be safer for her if she is born. Fingers crossed.

thanks again everyone
Will keep you updated

Aideen
xxxxx

Replies

• I couldn't read your post and just ignore it, you are all so lucky! Although I can't believe that police didn't insist on sending you and the kids to hospital - they usually do!!

Good luck getting a courtesy car, that will ease the load a thousand times over.

Hope your LO's are ok. Good luck with the imminent arrival and hope all goes well.

Katy (36+2)
  • omg - glad to hear ur not seriously hurt.
    i would go to hosp - or docs at least - even if its only u, just to be on the safe side.

elaine xx
    32+2
  • OMG Aideen
    what a nightmare, are you sure you're ok? I would defo go back straight away and explain what happened. I'm sure your LO is fine in there as they have lots of cushioning but with everything you're going through it really isn't worth the risk. Well good luck with the c sec and your LO is a good size at the moment so I'm sure will be fine. At least she has had her steroids too. Well updates us as and when you can.
    Take care
    Em x
  • Hi all, just to let you all know contractions coming strong now, courtest car just arrived so oof to the hospital again,. Let you all know what happens!
  • good luck honey. hope all goes well.
    xxxx
    ps. glad you are all safe.
  • Good luck chick, hope everything goes well for you.