Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

BABY GIRL NAME DILEMMA - PLS HELP

Hi,

My name is Amber and am due to have my 2nd daughter Jan 27th

My 3 year old is named Phoenix and im lookng for another "unique" name

The 2 in the running are: Lilah or Williow

I really like both but my husband is not sure of Willow, this its a bit too weird - reminds him of the midget in an old 80's movie !! what are your opinions? I also cant think of middle names...aaaaaaaaaaagh

Replies

• Hi yer Willow reminds me of that midget a bit lol.
    I think Lilah Rose is really pretty.
    xxx
  • lilah is nice. i love willow but that was my mum and dads dogs name! also richard hammonds daughter is called willow! xx
  • I have scared my H2B by saying we will call our baby Buffy if it's a girl! I actually think it's quite a cool name but he is having none of it!

Willow reminds me of the character from Buffy (not a bad thing) but H2B's mum and dad's dog is called Willow too. Kate Moss' daughter is called Lilah isn't she?

10+1
  • I like both names - but if I had to choose it would be Lilah.
    We are having an unusual name if its a girl - Esme, which I love, but a few people have looked at me starngely when I've said it!
  • I like willow, we are having a little boy and liked Oak but it did not go down well with my Mum!!
    Mark Owens new daughter iis called Willow. Our friend has named their litttle boy Warwick (he was the little guy that played willow so I relate Warwick to him)
    Good luck Viki x
    I also like
  • esme is nice. we want unusual too we have erin or darcie for a girl! x
  • :\)Hi,

My name is Amber and am due to have my 2nd daughter Jan 27th

My 3 year old is named Phoenix and im lookng for another "unique" name

The 2 in the running are: Lilah or Williow

I really like both but my husband is not sure of Willow, this its a bit too weird - reminds him of the midget in an old 80's movie !! what are your opinions? I also cant think of middle names...aaaaaaaaaaagh[/ i think willow is a lovely name
  • i had willow chosen for a girl!!!!
    bt we jst found out we are having a boy
    stick 2 willow!!!!!!!
  • I like willow too but i know my OH wouldnt go for it...
    I also like Regan for a girl - my friend had this for her boy but a girl popped out and they stuck with it.
  • What about Isis? That was a name we considered, but weren't sure about. It's very pretty and unusual though.

Otherwise, I prefer Willow if you're after something different.
  • willow is more unusual, but i prefer lilah. xxx
  • I personally hate Lilah, don't know why lol but soon as i read Willow i thought it was a beautiful name, and not really likely to be more than 1 in a school!
    xxx
  • I love Lilah and Willow, I think Lilah just edges it for me.

We are calling our baby girl Lili Seren, Seren means star in welsh (Lili is the welsh spelling of Lily)

I also love the name Grace, but oh says it reminds of an old women he knows.lol.
  • I don't mean to judge, but i'm with your husband on Willow, however, saying that, i'm sure once she's arrived and if you do decide on that name then she will make it her own and the midget thought will not come into it. Cute babie's can own any name, so just go with whatever you feel is best.

Lilah is cute, and there are not too many of them around.

• I like them both - not very helpful... my friend has a daughter called Hallie and thats really beautiful image
  • I love Lilah. its gorgeous.

Lilah Mae or Lilah Grace would be nice too.

I have chosen Adie for a boy and Abbie for a girl.

X x
  • I love the name Willow - but there are two, yes two, in our local paper, in the birth congratulations coloumn, this week! So maybe its getting quite popular?

• Lilah is lovely and very unusual. My friend and I were saying about Richard H's daughter just the other day and my friend said "you'd just think of the midget in that film though", and I said I'd think of the Buffy character! But as someone else said, a cute baby can own any name! x
  • littlem my favourite name is hallie....my oh hates it grrr!!!....i like both lyla and willow , i was told if u love a name and ure oh doesnt wait till ure in the throws of labour and then tell him that IS the babies name aparently its a dead cert to work lol xxxxxxx
  • I like willow too but i know my OH wouldnt go for it...
    I also like Regan for a girl - my friend had this for her boy but a girl popped out and they stuck with it. we have a regan too (boy) x i also like girl names darcie,lola,ruby,olivia,chloe x good luck choosing x