Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

wii fit?

is it safe to use while pregnant? i borrowed my parents at xmas and ive only just got chance to play on it. but was wondering if its ok to use? as my body isnt use to any kind of excerise as i stopped going to the gym when i was 6 wks gone. im now 28+4 xxx

Replies

• I have been using it, my midwife said its fine as long as you're not doing any of the more strenuous excersises! I tend to stick to the balance games and yoga, but avoid any that say they work your stomach muscles just in case! The only thing i dont like is that the wii board keeps telling me how much weight i've put on! xx
  • hiya i think it does say not to use in pregnacey but i have still bin using ours just dont go mad
  • I don't think it is too intense but you may get a shock when you try to find your centre of balance. I wouldn't opt for yoga as it might not be suitable for pregnancy. I would just stick to the fun stuff. I would have a look at the manual and see what it says - better being safe than sorry.

Kirsten x
  • I haven't used ours since I found out I was pregnant but thats only because I've not been feeling great. I will use it once I am back to normal, I like the step one, i think that one will be safe to use throughout.

AnneMarie xxx
    12+5
  • I've used one but only once and didn't go mad on it!! xx
  • i was wondering this as wanted to do the step exercises - might wait til after im 12 weeks then start using it again? what do you think?

Lisa
    9+5
  • i got one for xmas and using it but i only do the balance games, and some yoga and muscle exercises (nothing thats around my tummy or looks hard)!

I also do the step section, a bit of boxing and the hula hoops (but not the jogging as i did it once and i thought it could be a bit dodgy)!!

i thought it amusing to go on the weight - it states i am overweight (and then i set a goal to put on a stone) hehe
  • we have one in work, and I've regularly been on it, mainly the tennis and bowling. A couple of times I've got a bit enthusiastic and thought I should probably calm down, but think if you feel ok, it's ok!
  • i'm gatecrashing from baby.....my dh bought me wii fit for me while I was pregant to help me loose weight afterwards. (I wasn't offended by the btw, I wanted one lol)

I did the balance games, some light jogging and step a couple of times. Just be sensible with it and you'll be fine!

It does need an 'i'm pregnant' excuss for putting on weight, but it' great if you set a goal to loose weight and you get on soon after giving birth - you'll get a well done!
  • i'm gatecrashing from baby.....my dh bought me wii fit for me while I was pregant to help me loose weight afterwards. (I wasn't offended by the btw, I wanted one lol)

I did the balance games, some light jogging and step a couple of times. Just be sensible with it and you'll be fine!

It does need an 'i'm pregnant' excuss for putting on weight, but it' great if you set a goal to loose weight and you get on soon after giving birth - you'll get a well done!