Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Really scared!

I have spent the last 2 hours doubled over in agony and NHS direct have just called back with an emergency appointment for me at midnight at the hospital! I am terrified!

I have taken some paracetomal and its subsided a bit and now it just feels like my tummy is being stretched! I haven't had any bleeding or anything so I am hoping its a good sign!

Please someone tell me they have had something like this and its been ok!!!

I will come back with an update when I get back from the hospital!

Replies

• yes i had exactly same at 10weeks was in agonys, all was fine and pain went over the nxt 24hrs took a while tho and it didnt just vanish, hope its same 4 u too, take care how many weeks ru???
  • oh hun i am so sorry. i really hope everything is ok for you, as you said you have had no bleeding. how far gone are you? i know people have said their tummy feels like it is stretching as they have gotten bigger, hopefully it is your lo having a mad growth spurt! please let me know how you get on, good luck. xxx
  • Babybooboo - Please let us know how you get on. Hope everything is ok for you. Ive just passed a clot after bleeding for most of the day and I dont know what to do. Your story has really helped me think positively so sending lots of hugs your way.

Gemma xxx
  • Gemmiebaby how are you doing? I had some bleeding really early and passed a clot about the size of a 5p which I was really worried about but the woman at pregnancy support said she is only worried about clots bigger than the palm of your hand so try not to worry!!

I have got a urinary infection. I am only 7 weeks but like I said I have already had some bleeding and I have got a second scan on Wednesday because they were concerned about the first scan so I was convinced it was something bad!

I was in absolute agony, I couldn't stand up I was curled up on the bed trying to make it go away. I can't believe a urinary infection can cause that much pain!!
  • aww poor u u make sure u take it easy and let us no how u geton xxx
  • Hi babybooboo, i had a bad UTI a while back, not when i was pregnant, but the pain was unbearable, i could move and was convinced i was dying or something.lol. i went into hospital and they gave me something to take for it and after about 5 days it started to go...i know how bad you must be feeling.
    hope you feel better soon.

XxXxX
  • Hi hun,
    Pains are really common in early pg. Sometimes really bad. As long as there is no bleeding my gp said not to worry.
    At about 5-6 weeks my sis had such bad pains she was convinced she was about to mc and was just lying down but now she has a healthy 1 year old.
    Also I had SUCH unbelievably bad pains 2 weekends ago and had to get in bed and curl up it was so bad. After about an hour they went and as you know my scan as fine last week so although pains are v frightening they aren't neceaarily a bad thing.
    Our bodies have a lot of stretching an rearranging to do.

Hope you feel better soon.
    xxx
  • Hi babybooboo, i had a bad UTI a while back, not when i was pregnant, but the pain was unbearable, i could move and was convinced i was dying or something.lol. i went into hospital and they gave me something to take for it and after about 5 days it started to go...i know how bad you must be feeling.
    hope you feel better soon.

XxXxX

5 days???? image Aren't you a ray of sunshine image

I cannot believe how much it hurts. I said to OH last night if labour is as painful as this we are only having 1 baby! It was unbearable and constant pain, nothing helped!

It is a bit better today I haven't got off the sofa except to go to the loo and I have drank 2 litres of cranberry juice because I have heard that helps! It is just making me wee more and I don't feel any better for it!! It hurts every time I get up though so I have got OH running rings for me bless him!