Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Castor oil

Whats everyones views on inducing labour with this! Does it work??

Replies

• i wouldnt do it i think it just gives you the poops and stomach cramps, x although i suppose some would swear by it but thats all it did for me never again
  • I'd not do it, midwives advise strongly against it and most pharmacies won't even sell castor oil to pregnant women. I know it's so hard towards the end, but baby will come when it's ready xx
  • i can only say i used with my second baby took it in morning and inlabour y th evening.my mum had to go and buy it cause chemist wont sell it to you
    oh and its hard to swallow with out bringing it back
    good luck with what ever you decide to do

26+1
  • I wouldn't personally but my sister in law did it and had her baby the next day x x x

K
    14+6 x
  • i really wudnt take the risk ive heard it can be so dangerous u can get the poos and make u sick and dehydrated it just causes so many probs and if midwife heard u asking bout it shed prob smack ure bottie xxx dont do it hun i was tempted but i resisted the urge try curry pineapple and all the less potant stuff cos if it did work the caster oil u cud b in labour yes but also shittin through the eye of a needle which i doubt u wnt labour is painfull enuff without the shits ontop tc hun xxx
  • I wouldnt try it and I have tried EVERYTHING else!! It can dehydrate you and make you quite ill which you certainly wouldnt want if in labour as you need all your energy. I have taken to the view now that baby will only come when its ready (and I hate myself for saying that!)
    xxxx
    40+5
  • awww gunie pig poor u big hugs but its true i tried everything but it wudnt shift my dd and i was i hate to say it and u can hit me if u want 11 days over due xxx
  • awww gunie pig poor u big hugs but its true i tried everything but it wudnt shift my dd and i was i hate to say it and u can hit me if u want 11 days over due xxx