Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bloody worms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my son has worms !!!!!!! and you are supposed to treat the whole family but you cant take the tablets when pregnant :roll: any one got any home remedies or am i destined to have an itchy arse for life :lol:

Replies

• Oh no, i didn't even know humans could get that! How do people get worms? I have no idea about it, sorry i know your after advice i'm just intrigued.. . Ah your poor son what a shame x sophia x
  • they are called thread worms and the dirty little urchin got them at school :lol: they are tiny little white things and live in your intestines . the little buggers come out at night and lay their eggs arround the anus so kid scratches and transfers them . aparently at anyone time 40% of kids at school have them as there are no symptoms other than an itchy arseimage and with my piles i wouldnt know the difference :lol:
  • Hi honeymummy, are you sure you cant get something for you to take during pregnancy? I caught this during my 1st pregnancy from the cat, i was really scared that it would harm the baby, i was only 18 at the time! I was able to take a sachet of something, think it was called prispen or something. I went to the docs 1st and he prescribed it. hope this helps with your itchy arse! lol. sorry couldnt resist! x
  • the thing is its bloody itching like mad i need a good scratch but ive got so big im not sure i can reach lololol
  • Ahh you poor thing! I hope there is something that you can take for it, i can remember how awful it was! x
  • oh my god, they are actual living things in your intestines and bum?! I cant believe it, no way. Ive never heard anything like it. Oh i bet that must be so irritating, ah what a shame for your little boy & u if you do get it, have u got it yet or not? x
  • yes ive got them and the little one did some poo examination today , f##**%$ and yes they are living , im going to kill him when i pick him up!!!!!
  • I remember i had it in my first pregnancy too! They couldnt give me anything at the time but that was nearly 4 years ago. I felt so embarrassed when they put my feet in stirrups after the birth to stitch me up- who knows what they could see??!!! Mortified image
  • Oh no it sounds like a horror story, i didnt know humans could get that!! And i didnt know they were actual worms!!!
  • they dont look like garden worms!! Without going into detail, all i'll say is that they look like nail clippings- thats one way to get you to stop biting your nails!!!
  • Er really? Thats gross, i thought you meant like normal worms. I must sound so silly on here sometimes! But how do you get them though? I never ever want the wormies in my bum
  • dirty bastards at school :x:x:x:x:x
  • Not sure if this will help but i had them when i was a kid and the best way to ease the itching is to - wait for it - go for a shower and let the spray sort of ... you know spray the area it does stop the itching, for a while anyway.. i remember standing in the shower for a hell of a long time because that was the only thing that would ease it. Also there is a medicine that they give to really young children that isn't as harsh as the adult version you could ask for that, alternatively you could try a homeopath or something they might have something you could take.
  • no really anywhere if someone with them touches their bum then touches a door handle you touch that , thats why its spread so easily and as you know boys constantly have their hands in their pants :lol:
  • Hi, sorry if i sound really stupid, just curious?! can worms affect the baby?
  • no they dont affect the baby they dont really affect you image they just give you the itches :lol:
  • Oh my god, i so can't wait to have children, what a complete joy!!
  • your life will be complete , what with worms and nits you wont know which end to scratch first lololol
  • I've alread been warned about the constant stream of coughs and colds coming my way once I have a child!
  • hey, i am 12 weeks pregnant and am infected with tape worm. 1. does it have a preoblem for ma baby? and 2. ppl keep saying that everything i eat the worm will take it and the baby wont have enough to feed himself. ie it true? pls pls pl help. am worried. i have an appointment with ma doc on thurday but cant wait untill then. 10ks