Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

inherited a big bum and hips!!anyone else

hi i feel so down because im 17 weeks and at the stage of just looking fat!, i have got a bit of a bump but it seems my bum and hips have got much bigger and the bump has yet to catch up. is anyone else having the same prob. i did get a bigger bum last time i was preg but not til my bump was well on its way, now im worried im just eating too much or something, altho im not aware of having more than normal, altho i have always eaten a lot of rubbish and never been larger than size 10. i have been eaten a lot of healthy stuff too tho for the baby). is it normal for my bum etc to get bigger in pregnancy??most people i see who are preg just get a bump and their bums etc dont seem bigger (not that im checking out their bums or anything lol)

Replies

• ok now i am paranoid that it must be just me!!
  • I dont now hun, just wanted to reply as no one has responded yet!!
    I am only 13+4 so can't advise really but my jeans were way too tight on my thighs yesterday...makes me a bit worried i may be over eating! My friend put on a bit of weight all over during her pregnancy, bum included. She's still breastfeeding at mo and has lost most of what she put on. I think its probably water retention or something?!
    also you prob dont notice other peoples weight gain as much as you notice your own...im sure you'll be fine! If you were only a size 10 previously you'll notice weight gain quite a bit cause you were so slim before hand.
  • thanks i think i will just really watch what i eating and then if i am still bigger i will feel better about it like it must just be cause of being pregnant. i have put on over a stone already (braved the scales this morning!). with my first pregnancy i put on 3 stone in total and it all just fell off in a couple of weeks after baby, so im worried if ive put on one stone already how much i will end up putting on!!.thanks for your response anyone, i was worried i was the only one!
  • Sorry - not logged on for a few days - maybe it's just people called Laura and I wasn't as slim as you pre-preg but worry no more it is not just you. I am now the proud owner of a reasonable bump but my bum (and thighs more than hips for me) have gone mental. I loved running pre-preg so hopefully (if this joint pain goes away) I'll be able to shift it all when I'm lo appears! Laura (24+5) xxx
  • i feel like a beached whale! my butts massive and hips wider. been this way for several weeks now image thought it was just me and the way my body was re4acting to the pregnancy.
  • My sister and sister-in-law both had huge bums and hips when they were carrying their daughters!! xxxxx
  • DONT WORRY YOU SHOULD LOOSE IT ALL AFTER THE BIRTH. IM A LARGE-ISH GIRL SO IM BIG ALL OVER. MY PARTNER IS HAPPY WITH MY BODY BUT IM NOT I FEEL LIKE A BLIMP. IT'S JUST US WOMEN GETTING PARANOID COZ WE DON'T LOOK A CERTAIN WAY, JUST ENJOY YOUR PREGNANT BODY YOU COULD ALWAYS BLAME BEING UP THE DUFF FOR MAKING YOU LOOK THE WAY YOU ARE. [ OR YOU COULD DO WHAT I DO AND BLAME YOUR PARTNER HEHE]
  • lol i'm the same as you mummydaizy i'm largish... my doc insults me all the time about my weight! i'm not overly fat although i am overweight! i just don't like my unpregnant belly lol or thighs as they are huge too lol
  • im chunky and funky. no one dear's to insult my weight coz if people start on me they get what for. we should all enjoy being chunky when we are pregnant coz we will all have something small cute and cuddley to show for it in the end. anyway BIG IS BEUTIFULL so work that bun in the oven look.
  • lmao my oh says i'm built for comfort not speed lol so used to docs glaring about my weight i'm like whatever you try losing it and getting 5 stone off then for no reason gaining 5 stone!!!! i wouldn't mind but i cut right down on choc and sweets as bubba makes a nasty taste in my mouth after eating them image still not losing weight! not much i can eat with sugar in that bubba doesn't make me feel bad for after the aftertaste is nasty NASTY i tell you bleh! lol my SIL has apparently been taking mick outa me being big saying i'm too big to walk! evil troll she's the one who sits on her ass all day while i work full time she's never worked a day in her life! yes she got pregnant at 14 but thats no excuse not to work she 21 and had another baby. (we thinks it was another excuse not to work). it makes you sick! she brings in the same as i do in benefits and i work Full time! wouldn't mind but if she wqas qa normal weight she'd be lovely and petite! but she aint small herself and has the cheek to take the mick outta me at least i walk to my lift and earn money! i've paid a lot into tax and NI and yet i get dissed when i want to claim benefits! sorry i'm ranting! but gerrrrrrrrrrr at her cheek, lil troll b**** from hell
  • I'm a bit of a fatty image

I'm a size 14 -16 and the only thing that has got bigger so far is my belly, I also think my ankles look really fat but DH just says i'm mad. He likes me "cuddly" and says skinny women are gross, I'm not sure why as I wouldn't mind being skinny that much

C
    xx
  • lol my oh says he prefers something to grab hold of and not worry about breaking it lmao men say the loveliest things lmao. i'm a 18-20 lol so i'm quite a bit bigger than you cazA although did have a heart attack at midwife's appt when first weighed in... i'd gained 5 stone image i'd done so well keeping myself down image lifes just not fair! i'm not destined to be smaller i don't think
  • Lol men try and put it as nicely as they can but you still end up wanting to slap them lol.

I actually had quite a nice surprise when i went to the MW as I had lost 6 lbs but that was 6 weeks ago and I have now put on just over a stone - i don't know how i only eat 7 or 8 meals a day and they are mostly carbs and fatty meay lol with the necessary chocolate breaks in between

xx
  • lmao i wish i munch through out day... fruit and snacks like crisps choc leaves nasty taste in mouth making me feel poorly. although i still try and eat it lmao burgers and sausages are definate nonos as make me feel ill lol love chciken and turkey althoughmainly in cooked meals sandwiches making that nasty after taste. its wierd i think its the sugar that does it. might get some sugar free carob and see how taste is after that lol. it was wierd 2-3 weeks before i had my implant out i noticed my trousers were getting tight, then had implant out to try and concieve and a week later was pregs lol blooming quick! weights been piling on sice wouldn't mind but i eat healthier now that my tastes have changed but still gaining weight got midwifes in jan i'm, bound to have put on a stone with the tummy i have lmao!
  • im 28 weeks pregnant and put a stone and half on. i was sizw 8-10 naw size 12 lol hope to loose the weight when the pregnancy is over. x x x
  • hi im 31+3 pregnant and feel like i have the same figger as barney the dinosaw. ( big baby bump, big hips and bum even the saddle bag thighs. i even strugle to reach my feet to put shoes on/off and waddle just like him) . very sexy lol x.
  • lol i think i look like mr jelly outta the mr men cartoons lol.

noticed if i sit wrong i walk like john waynw as hips are sat properly and then with bubba sat on bladder can bee an entertaining walk lol john wayne in fast forward lmfao hehehe should get a vid and send to u've been framed!
  • i feel like continuing this one coze the more i read the more i laught. we women come out with some funny ideas of what we look like. i feel like a big fat snow man[ thought i'd use that one as it x-mas month]. i and my oh both say that i dont walk i waddle it's pretty funny when im all in black coz if you see me coming down the road i look like a penguin.