Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Scan trobbles by caz4mark

imageimageimageimage

Hi im 12 weeks preg.and cant av a 12 week scan as the hospital are running behind on hundrends of woman.how lame.im form london but live in luton this aint very fair.
if i want a scan i av to go diftent hospital
wHat do u girls n guys think ???

luv caz x

[Modified by: Caz4mark on 30 December 2007 00:09:54 ]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev195pr___.png

[Modified by: Caz4mark on 30 December 2007 22:48:58 ]

Replies

• ????? anyone????
  • i think that is terrible,why should you miss out on scan cause they are running behind.i think if you are get 12week scans in ur area usually then you should get one thats disgusting how they have brushed u off.xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev099pr___.png

• I think it's disgusting that they have told you, you can't have one i would take them up on the offer and go to a different hospital though. Might be easiest way of getting the scan sooner rather than later.
  • Hi Caz,

I'm 11+2 weeks pregnant and also from Luton. I thought it was a bit strange that I hadnt received a letter sending me for a dating scan. I just imagined it was due to the xmas holidays!!! I cant belive they cant scan us at our local hospital and that we have to travel else where, Its disgusting!!!!!

Anyway I will keep you updated if I hear anthing!! xx
  • Hi, I live in se london and have been quite lucky with scan dates but only as i booked in at 3 weeks preg, I am 11+2 today and wont have my scan til 13 weeks on 11th jan. I think it is soo bad, you are being made to wait my mw said that july is there busiest month for births so therefore they always run behind on scan dates. It is really bad you would think they would make more availible.

My hospital is already overbooked and on top of that they are now closing our other nearest hospital therefore it is going to become even more overbooked. Thats the NHS for you!

I would maybe suggest if it were possible to go private for scans? I did for my youngest and the service was better.

xx
  • I am quite shocked at that, thought they had to offer a 12 week scan...take them up on going to a different hospital are they providing transport? all the same you should deffo get that scan, its the most amazing feeling seeing baby for the 1st time
  • i know and its the fu**ing assle of changing hospitals AND THEN I MITE AV TO GET NEW MIDWIFE ITS SO MUCH ASSLE.my sis and no probs in london..And im not paying for scan as these aslimems get everythin free we deserve summit free.
  • Hi Caz,

I'm 11+2 weeks pregnant and also from Luton. I thought it was a bit strange that I hadnt received a letter sending me for a dating scan. I just imagined it was due to the xmas holidays!!! I cant belive they cant scan us at our local hospital and that we have to travel else where, Its disgusting!!!!!

Anyway I will keep you updated if I hear anthing!! xx

wats ya addy we keep in touch
  • i pay Tax so does my bf. you know what we all should go on bennifts n say sorry we cnt go privert. give us a scan cos thats wat these imagrents are doing.and its not fair we pay tax for them.plus the housing shortage this gorverment needs to get its self sorted stop payin money to them and on war n sort out our streets and. nhs. and other important stuff like schools.
  • ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROB
  • OH yeah I am I am ten weeks and I havent even had a letter... I have problems with my girlie bits and my belly is very swollen for only being ten weeks... I was a bit worried but just put it down to a mix of holidays for the delay and being a first pregnacy for the anixoty... oh what to do???
  • I am 12 weeks and haven't had a scan letter yet, even though I saw the midwife at 9 weeks and spoke to her originally when I was 5 weeks pregnant. I put it down to Christmas but I decided that after not getting a letter today I would ring the hospital after new year (when there's likely to be someone there!) and see what they say. I don't want to be pushy but it's really frustrating, I suppose we all want to know everything is ok.
    Louise.
  • thanks i just hope i get two scans like everybody else thois aint fair
  • ????? any1 else av views ????
  • sTILL AINT HEARD ANYTHING BOUT ME GETTING A SCAN WAT ALOAD OF CRAP THE NhS AS TURNED INTO bloody goverment spending money On olimpic games and war and aslimem seekerss... :lol: god help them wen the need health care or their familys cos the av to go privert and tHat will be full at this rate

[Modified by: Caz4mark on January 02, 2008 07:54 PM]
  • Hi ladies, I was very lucky and got my scan at 12+4, it sounds like a pain to have to go to another hospital, but I think it is so worth it, to see the picture on the screen will just blow you away!!!
    I have just had my 20 week today, and I just cant get enough of looking at the little pictures that you can buy!!!
    Hazel
  • cheers hun but the other hosptals r a pain to get to n it means folking out to pay for train tickets to london hospital or summit. i think nhs shud be for english onli n if ya foran go privert to pay a combrution to england all of us work n pay tax and get fobd off.nhs can pay for trian tikets to london
  • Caz, can you please stop slagging off imigrants as people may well be finding it offensive (I know I am) For your information a lot of imigrants contribute just as much (if not more) to society than some so called 'British' people and it is simply not fair to tar them all with the same brush, benefit scroungers come in all colours and nationalitys. I am sorry that you are unhappy with the maternity care in your area but if you continue to slag off other people like this I will be reporting you to the moderators.
  • ok im sorry its just that i saw a program and the goverment are sorting it out by making stricked rules.so im stopping slagin it off as im happy with the goverments new rules and information
  • Glad to hear it and I hope you manage to sort out a scan soon!