Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

breast or bottle

hi,in two minds if to breast feed or bottle feed,i know breast is best but when my sis gave birth,her son wouldent latch on and she felt hopeless and the midwifes was quite blunt with her so its always put me off a little, she ended up bottle feeding in the end.

iv heard as well that if you breast feed your boobs go saggy when u eventally stop?? iv got ages to decide yet but thought id ask what u guys are doing and any info u know or anything really,love hayley xx

Replies

• I've decided to give it a go and just see if its for me so I'm not putting any pressure on myself. I think that's hte best way to go. If it doesnt work it doesnt matter, I have bought bottles, formula and a breastpump so Ihave covered all angles!!! Go with your instinct and don't let anyone put you off or make you feel like you're making the wrong decision.
  • thanks 4 advise everyone

will defo look into it and see if there is any classes, thanks xx
  • i decidied to bottle feed my daughter as i hate my nipples beeing tuched, but told the midwife i was willing to try and just see how i went,but when my daughter was born they handed her to boyfriend with a bottle so didnt get the chance as she liked the sma milk.
    i will be saying the same this time that it will be bottle but will give it a go. xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev099pr___.png

• Im much the same as nicospoon - i will give bf a go, but if it doesnt work out, then i will bottle feed. after the first month, we intend to mix n match anyway (unless i really enjoy bf and do all the night feeds!) what really peed me off was that at my booking in appt at 8wks, the mw asked me how i intended to feed lo and i said i wasnt sure cos i hadnt even thought about it as pg was massive shock and she started banging on about "you must bf, bad mother if you dont!" i ended up telling her that it is mine and oh decision, no hers and that i had plenty of time to decide (am now 32+5)
  • Im much the same as nicospoon - i will give bf a go, but if it doesnt work out, then i will bottle feed. after the first month, we intend to mix n match anyway (unless i really enjoy bf and do all the night feeds!) what really peed me off was that at my booking in appt at 8wks, the mw asked me how i intended to feed lo and i said i wasnt sure cos i hadnt even thought about it as pg was massive shock and she started banging on about "you must bf, bad mother if you dont!" i ended up telling her that it is mine and oh decision, no hers and that i had plenty of time to decide (am now 32+5)
  • Yeah, I've got similar problems deciding. I do kind of want to bf, but I would feel funny about it in public and I know my oh would be upset waiting until I could express milk (6 wks I think it is). Also I will have to go back to work part-time fairly soon after the birth and I wouldn't want to be bf for 6 months anyway...I had decided to mix-feed but now I think well if I do that then he might get really upset when I switch to formula so I might just start on bottles...Not sure tho. I thought I was the only one with this dilemma lol.
  • Hiya,

I have decided am definately going to bottle feed lo. This is my 3rd and I also have a step-daughter and I want to involve all the kids from day 1 and want to share it with hubby. I remember breast-feeding my 1st and I really could not get on with it. At my booking in appt I told this to my midwife and she said - "no problem, its your decision but I warn you there is a BIG Govt incentive pushing breastfeeding going on". This is probably why your midwife was out of order Angelbabe. It is all a case of personal preference and I dont want to be bullied into doing something I dont want to do.