Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

heartburn remedys

anyone got a good one? x

Replies

• Whenever I get heartburn I just drink a large glass of milk. It always works for me. Not sure about any medication though! XXX
  • Sometimes there is only so much gaviscon I can make myself drink!!
    Peppermint is supposed to be good too, so maybe a cup of peppermint tea. I also drink milk as that helps. Suz x
  • In the last couple of weeks I have started swigging Gaviscon Advance like a mad woman!! It does work and you can get it on prescription (therefore FREE). Also, when have run out I drink loads of milk which works well tooo

Love Lee
  • Plain water from the fridge for immediate relief, but just sips or it adds to the volume! Gaviscon otherwise. I'm also avoiding foods like baked beans and cream of tomato soup as they always set off my heartburn even pre-pregnancy. Fatty foods make it worse for me too.

Good luck!
  • Gaviscon worked for awhile for me but my heartburn has got so bad it only seems to work for about 5 minutes now so i usually take extra strong mints or chew on chewing gum. they seem to be helping alot lately.
  • Fizzy water works a treat and I know its not very nice but a tbsp of cider vinegar in a glass of water and sip it. It is gross but works by making the body counter act the extra acid and sorting the problem.
    Hope it helps

Touch wood I haven't had any yet and fingers crossed I won't but I dought that image
  • When did you guys start suffering with heartburn? I'm 18+1 and haven't suffered with it yet. Just wondered if I'm going to be lucky enough to escape it???! xxxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/RFV50/.png