Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Maternity clothes - HELP!!

I am nearly 3 months and i am starting to struggle to get in to my clothes already especially my work trousers. I was just wondering where people recommend getting maternity clothes from? I need work stuff and general day to day stuff - cheap would be good! I havent a clue about maternity clothes but dont think im gonna be one of those lucky people who can still get in their original jeans at 8 months. All the magazines i look in seem to have lots of maternity pajamas and fancy going out clothes but thats no good for everyday wear. Please help!

Replies

• hi a few good places are H&M, New Look and Next.
    good luck getting what you want, im finding it a struggle!

becs x
  • I got a brilliant pair of work trousers from Mothercare for about ??25 they are pin stripped and really flattering I know they sound a bit expensive but I have lived in them since about 14 weeks they have a stretchy waist and you can also expand the waist a bit more when you get really big.

Don't buy anything from littlewoods as they are pants and everything fits badly. Also Peacocks have quite a nice maternity range and are really cheap.

C
    xx
  • i had next and dorothy perkins, next you just get your normal dress size but with dp i would recommend getting a size smaller as they come big.
  • I am getting all my stuff from New Look
  • dorethy perkins has some stuff in too xx
  • I'm starting off at a size 18-20 can totally vary depending on where I shop (on a good day a 16). So I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to get any maternity clothes in bigger sizes. Anyone else had this problem or got any advice ? S x
  • I'm starting off at a size 18-20 can totally vary depending on where I shop (on a good day a 16). So I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to get any maternity clothes in bigger sizes. Anyone else had this problem or got any advice ? S x

Hi Suz,

I am a size 22 and have really struggled to find materity plus!! Marks and Spencers do quite a lot of stuff up to a size 20 (why no higher when the rest of the store does I'll never know!) I got a great pair of work trousers and jeans from Bumps and Beyond on the internet - she does have an ebay shop too and postage is slightly less so check that out! And the other place was Matalan - I bought some great T-shirts and tops for about ??5 each (they are not technically maternity but look it) with plenty of material at the front and I bought a couple of sizes bigger - am wearing them now (24+4) and they will last me a while yet. Simply be catalogue also does plus size maternity. Hopefully you will find something among them!

Lianne
  • Funmum.com do nice clothes and also bump bands r really good cos means u can carry on wearin ur normal clothes for quite a while
    xxx
  • Hiya
    I've also struggled to find things, but got a few basics from Marks & Spencers and have also bought a number of bits of ebay. Bought a load of basic stretchy t-shirt tops from Primark a few sizes bigger, which have done the trick!
    Spedshaw - i've also got a wedding about 3 weeks b4 my due date...so far, a nightmare!!!! Am really hoping the ranges get a bit more summery nearer the time!!
    Sarah xx
  • to save money I've shopped on ebay. I've also brought clothes from new look and h&m mainly because they are cheap and I cant afford to spend loads on clothes. For worok, i cant find any navy maternity trousers so i have just gone up the sizes at tesco and they only cost ??5. up until my 2nd trimester i just brought stretchy/long tops which werent maternity.
  • I managed to get a good selection of comfy, non-frumpy work clothes from H&M - best thing is their prices mean you can get a range of stuff without breaking the bank.
  • Hi, I buy my clothes from New look and D.P. When it comes to trousers I just get the next size up, except jeans which I get from mothercare.