Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

HCG levels

Hi Ladies

I've just been told my HCG levels are lower than they should be, so I've got to go back to the EPU in morning for more bloods.

I had a scan yesterday and they saw a sac which measured 4 weeks, got another scan in 2 weeks time. my HCG levels are 369 at the moment, which they said is low for 4 weeks.

just wondering if anyone else had had HCG results back of similar levels for 4 weeks and been told that, that is okay?

Replies

• I haven't but didn't want to r+r. Keeping my fingers crossed for you x
  • Here's a link I've googled http://www.justmommies.com/articles/hcg-levels.shtml

Which says your in 4 weeks! Mine says 6 weeks, & I thought I was 4!!!!!!!

xxx
  • hi still waiting my hcg levels were about what yours are when i was 4 weeks i think mine were 396 i m now 13+4 and things are fine hope everythings goes well for you hunn
    claire x
  • thank you so much for your replies.

Claire - that is good to know that someone else had similar levels at 4 weeks pg. I got really worried when the doc from EPU phoned me this morning.

xx
  • Oh my goodness, you going through exact same thing as me.
    My first HCG test was approx 400, then they usually test again within 24hrs to see if it doubles. Did they do a prog test?
    My second HCG result was higher....around 800 then they wanted another test 48hrs later. That showed a massive jump from 800 to 2200. So what they want to see is a double in HCG level to show normal pregnancy.

I also stressed major when they said my level was low for 4 weeks. Try not stress too much. I'm sure you'll be ok.

Nadine
  • nadine - thank you so much, i really hope my levels have doubled when I go tomorrow. i absolutely hate needles, i'm beginning to feel like a human pin cushion !!! ha ha

no they didn't do a prog test as far as I know.

i will post on here as soon as I have the results from tomorrow's blood test.

xx
  • Hi,

Probs a good idea if you ask if they are going to do a prog test.

Have a good evening.

And let us know what your resluts are.

Good luck hun!

Nadine

• without meaning to sound thick, what is a prog test?

will def report back as soon as i get my results. me and hubby are hoping we've got a sticky little pip.

• oops double post

[Modified by: still waiting on November 05, 2008 07:08 PM]

• Not sure how it's spelt. (progestrone....I think). Apparantly a test of above 50 is normal. Mine was 42 the first time round then 41 the second time. So this also stressed me out a bit.

But they say 40-50 is border line and can still go on to have a normal pregnancy.