Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Middle names for Jack - throw down your ideas

Can anyone help with middle names to go with Jack?

We have our girls names decided - first and middle names but if we have 2 boys we are stuck for a middle name to go with Jack. We both like Alexander but our surname starts with an M and am not sure about him having J.A.M as his initials.

I like Jack William but hubby doesn't - any ideas?

Replies

• jack is one of them lovely names that goes with almost every name but it does depend on your surname! what about jack rylee or jack robert??
  • My son is called Jack. He's 9 weeks!! He's Jack David (David after my OH, his daddy!!)

Good choice of name!!

xx
  • my son is called jack such a great name ....he is jack laurence .........we did like jack charlie but our surname starts with b so his initials would of been j.c.b as in the digger firm lol ..............xxx
  • If we have a boy he will be Jack Charlie but I also liked Jack Thomas .....

Anna (32+2)
    xx
  • Jack Matthew??

Jack Michael??

We've called our son Archie William, we stuck with a middle name with the same first letter as the surname, dont know if this will help you to choose a name?? But it worked out nicely as i wanted his middle name the same as my late granddads name, as we were very close,

good luck in choosing a name !!
  • My cousin has a son called jack george? if thats any help?
  • Gatecrashing from ttc- I think Jack Cornelius sounds good!xxx
  • Hi, I really like the name Jack. I just asked hubby - he suggested Oliver, which I think is nice too. Or maybe Edward? Oh, and he's just suggested Matthew too! xx
  • My Jack is Jack Michael William, after his grandad and my great uncle. So i am biased toward Jack William! What is your OH's name? Would you have it as a middle name? Or perhaps go through your family trees to see if there is a name you like. We did that, and found that in my family we had a Levi! I loved it but sadly OH wasnt so sure lol
  • Jack James? or Jack Oliver? x
  • Jack Ellis? my son is Ellis Jack lol but think it goes just as well the other way!!
    xx
    http://women.evenhealth.com/image/c/bg963414.jpg

• What about Jack Dylan? I love the name Dylan, but can't use it cos it doesn't go with our surname.
  • My dh suggested Jack Michael.

My suggestions.......

Jack David
    Jack Francis
    Jack William
  • Everyone I though of has already been suggested, sorry!
    I like Jack William best. Have you got a Grandad or anything you would like to use?
    We have decided on middle names based on OH's grandparents.
  • Jack James? xx
  • Ooo just realised how old this post is! Did you decide on names? xx
  • We did. In the end we've gone for 3 sets of names so we have a back-up (in case one doesn't suit one name when they are born)!!!
    So we have decided on

Jack William
    Harry James
    and
    Charlie Alexander

Hubby is still convinced they are girls though. We'll find out in 3 weeks image

xxx
  • How about Jack Thomas?

I love Jack Alexander too.....I wouldn't worry bout the initials as all kids give each other nicknames anyway, and I reckon Jam would make him pretty cool!!!!
  • How about Jack Thomas?

I love Jack Alexander too.....I wouldn't worry bout the initials as all kids give each other nicknames anyway, and I reckon Jam would make him pretty cool!!!!