Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

did anyone see this morning??

hi did anyone see 'this morning' with the lady who donated her dying child'ss organs?...i was in tears, fern looked like she was at the end too.

what would you do? its definitely something to consider and if your chid ever needed an organ youd hope others would donate. its amazing that she helped so many and people ans saved so many people's lives.

i did understand her oh's feelings of not wanting to mess with her wee body but i think its great! x

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

Replies

• Hiya, I only caught the end of it, but the woman seemed so strong, think i'd b an absolute mess if that was me. I would def donate my own organs, but don't know wot i'd do if it was my child, spose u can't really decide til ur in that position, which touch wood i won't b. I do think it's a great thing to do tho!
    xxx
  • Hiya, I only caught the end of it, but the woman seemed so strong, think i'd b an absolute mess if that was me. I would def donate my own organs, but don't know wot i'd do if it was my child, spose u can't really decide til ur in that position, which touch wood i won't b. I do think it's a great thing to do tho!
    xxx
  • I think it's great too I didn't see it this morning but It sounds great I don't like the idea of messing with the wee body but would like to think that someone else life had continued after recieving organs I am on the organ donor list too and although i don't think my OH quite agrees I would hope that he would respect my wishes if anything happened to me.
  • I didn't see it but the woman sounds amazing.
    Probably just as well i didn't see it as i was crying my eyes out to 'Scrubs' the other day, the one with the girl who donated lots of her organs to various people in the hospital. I wont type what happened after that as its soooo sad.
    I would definately donate my own organs, and have carried an organ card since i was a kid when someone came into school to teach us about it. It must be so hard when its your child though. I'm sure I would though. Lets hope we are never in her situation xxxxxxxx
  • I saw it too and thought it was very touching!! I would give everything if had a chance of helping others! Once you're gone, what does it really matter anyway?
  • I only caught a bit of this but my OH and my views on this are quite strong, we feel donation is a nessecity and we are both donors and would donate our childs too as that would be the only good thing that could come from death of anyone.

I cant imagine the hell people who have an ill baby/child go through every day not knowing what is going to happen and watching your child waiting to be given the chance to live or die for me would be heart wrenching, I could cry thinking about people who live with that sort of suffering.

[Modified by: jmp on January 15, 2008 01:37 PM]
  • My oh rang up half way through it and thought there was something wrong with me as I was blubbering away throughout. I really don't know what I'd do in that situation - although I am very much in favour of organ donation. I agree with the opt out approach that's being talked about - it should be normal.
    Hope I'm never in that situation, xxx
  • I watched it and thought that the woman was very strong to talk about her little girls death, I think I would have been in pieces if it was me. I am on the organ donor list myself but I really don't know what I would do if I was in her situation and I really hope that I never have to make that decision.
  • I didn't see it but this woman must of had amazing courage. I strongly believe in donors and think that although you may not be here anymore that giving the gift of life to someone else is a truly humbling thing.
    I hope I am never in the situation but if I was then we would have to make the hard decision.