Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How long after a sweep and then a show....

...until i possibly go into labour?
Has anyone had a sweep and then a show the next day and how long after did you go into labour?
I had the sweep yesterday and the show thismorning, I am experiencing mild period pains but constant.

What happens? Is the show a good sign?

Thank you!

Rachel.
39+1. xx

Replies

• Hi Mrs E- the show is def a good sign that your cervix is opening and the pains usually become stronger and more regular from now. However not always like that and if pains stop you may go days before starting up again.
    Best of luck though- keep active and it should help xx
  • I had a show at 41weeks and then a sweep the same day. Sweep was at 9.30am, lo arrived at 5.52pm! Good luck!
    xx
  • Im 40 weeks tomorrow and I had a sweep this morning..then a few hours later had a show and then a lot more of the blood sainted discharge again all evening (sorry tmi) few twinges and back pain so far..really hoping it will happen tonight or tomorrow feel like I'm the size of a house image lol
  • Im 40 weeks tomorrow and I had a sweep this morning..then a few hours later had a show and then a lot more of the blood stained discharge again all evening (sorry tmi) few twinges and back pain so far..really hoping it will happen tonight or tomorrow feel like I'm the size of a house image lol