Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Slings...

Hi ladies

There was a really good thread a while back all about slings, but I can't find it now!

When my little madam arrives, I will be responsible for also walking our dog when my husband goes back to work... We have ordered an all terrain pushchair with a carrycot with I will probably use most of the time, but we would also like a sling for the very off road trails that we like to use!

I have seen the babybjorn sling, but I was interested in the slings which are less structured than this one. Does anyone have any experience of using these slings and also can anyone recommend a good site for buying them?

I really wish I could find that old thread - the website was brilliant with loads of slings in different materials - they were ace!

Many thanks
C xxx

Replies

• I've got the quinny curbb, but that is only suitable when bubs is sitting up. It sits more on the hip.

Hope it is a help
  • Have a look on ebay hun, i got one, think its called the sleepywrap? Or something similar? There are lots of different ways of wearing it, baby can be put in lying down across you from very tiny. Perfect for discreet breastfeeding if thats how you are feeding, and also good for walkies!
  • Hi
    I have bought the babasling. They have a website which is www.thebabasling.co.uk they are priced at ??39.99 but I got mine from tk max on sale for ??13 a few months ago. I know my tk max have them in stock now for ??19.99.
    Hope this helps
    Viki xx
  • my other half wants one of these, i think i will have a look thanks. xxx
  • I love my karime sling! Used it for a whole year with my lo and she loved it. It takes some practice to tie but is so practical. x
  • Gatecrashing from baby but I've a feeling that the ones you are thinking of are the funky slings ones (www.funkyslings.co.uk) If you are going to carry your lo a lot then personally I think the Mei tai's are best as they spread the weight really well.
    I've used a structured carrier, a ring sling and a Mei tai for my two and the Mei tai is definately my favourite as it is comfiest and leaves your hands free. I made mine myself and I'm going to be selling them soon so if you want something really different, watch this space! :lol::lol:
  • Thanks Ladies, for all of your replies!

Bedhead, you are absolutely right - that's the site I was thinking about - can't believe I couldn't find it!!!

My husband has a back problem and also shoulder problems (it's what happens when you fall down mountains on a regular basis!) and the structured carriers cause him too much of a problem... They say on their website that the baby wrap is the best one for someone with a bad back - do you have any experience of these? My preference would be the mei tai I think, but we'd probably end up with just one, rather than one each - no plans for another baby at any time in the future!!! So I think I may have to compromise!

Thanks again!
    C xxx
  • Thanks Ladies, for all of your replies!

Bedhead, you are absolutely right - that's the site I was thinking about - can't believe I couldn't find it!!!

My husband has a back problem and also shoulder problems (it's what happens when you fall down mountains on a regular basis!) and the structured carriers cause him too much of a problem... They say on their website that the baby wrap is the best one for someone with a bad back - do you have any experience of these? My preference would be the mei tai I think, but we'd probably end up with just one, rather than one each - no plans for another baby at any time in the future!!! So I think I may have to compromise!

Thanks again!
    C xxx
  • You could also check out the freedom slings website www.freedomslings.co
    I bought one. It's a lovely sling but unfortunately I haven't been able to get Claudia into it succesfully yet. I'm pretty sure they are ok though as I've seen other mums using them who loved them. Think might just need to keep trying with it! Price is really reasonable and was delivered really quickly too.
  • I've not used one of the wraps myself but I can see why they would be better if you have a bad back. Basically the wider you can spread the fabric across your back the less weight there is on each bit, so a wrap, which is basically just a really wide piece of fabric, is least likely to cause problems if you already have a bad back. They are supposed to be really comfy for lo as well, only small drawback is that it does take a little bit more practise to learn to tie them, although apparantly once you know how it is really easy to do.
    xx