Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Oliver Stephen Whitton has arrived!

Hi everyone! Just to let you know that Oliver Stephen arrived early at 36 weeks last Sunday, 11 January 2009 at 9.49am by emergency c-section and weighed 6lb 5 and a half oz's. The birth was rather traumatic. Some of you are aware I have a congenital hip problem and last Saturday I lost the use of my legs very suddenly, so was admitted to hospital. I was seen by various doctors, including an orthopaedic doctor who thought I may have slipped a disc, although others thought Oli was pressing on nerves as he was trying to engage. The doctors had planned to do an emergency c-section on Sunday anyway as they weren't really sure what was happening and were concerned he might do me some permanent damage. However, I went in to natural labour at 4.40am when my waters broke and contractions started. They wanted to ensure I was in established labour before performing the section, so monitored me for two hours. In that time, I went to having contractions 4 and a half mins apart and being 3cms dialated. I then had to wait another two hours to go to theatre, in which time my contractions went to being 1mins apart. Because I was waiting to go for surgery, they wouldn't give me any pain relief, even though I was crying out for it in the end. After the c-section, I regained the use of my legs, but have been kept in hospital most of this week for monitoring etc. I've also had an ordeal with trying to breastfeed him and have ended up formula feeding him instead, but that's another saga...!

But Oliver is the most beautiful baby boy I have ever seen and has completely stolen my heart. I'd put on a picture of him, but I'm afraid I don't know how!

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know our news.

Love

Sarah, Tim and baby Oliver. xx

Replies

• awww congrats hun how u feeling now after ur section ive got to have a section it will be my 3rd section and im dreading it how r u copeing with feeding and picking him up cos i didnt have that prob as mine were in special care as they were born 10 weeks prem so i cudnt feed them or hold them? xx
  • congratulations and i'm glad you are feeling better

xx
  • Thank you. Tinkerbell83 - I'm recovering well from the section, but the painkillers are so good it's easy for me to overdo it and then I pay for it aferwards. To be honest, I'm probably lifting him too much and need to slow down a bit - was told off by the midwife who visited yesterday, but I hate to feel lazy! We're also moving house next Saturday (Oli should have come after we'd moved!) so there is loads to do! Finding my hormones are the hardest thing to cope with at the moment as I'm very up and down and seem to burst into tears for no real reason! Hopefully they'll calm down soon! xx
  • Congratulations! I hope you and little oliver are both doing well. he was a good weight to say he was early.xx
  • congratulation hun, bet you glad he is here all safe and sound and you are feeling better too, i must say i dont know how you managed with no pain relief. well done!

XxXxX
  • Aww congratulations hunni, glad you are recovering well from section and welcome to little Oliver. :\)

Suzi 34+4 xxx
  • congratulations hun. xxx
  • Congratulations! Hope your feeling well soon hun xxx
  • Huge Congratulations xxx
  • Congratulations! sounds like a pretty tough time, hope you recover soon x