Forum home General Chat General chat

Cant sleep!!

Hello everyone hopefully you are all tucked up nice and fast asleep in bed. I cannot sleep at all, it is driving me mad, i have been like this for a couple of weeks now. Its not that i cant get comfy because i can, its just that i keep waking up in the middle of the night wide awake looking at the ceiling. I thought i would come downstairs and come o the computer, if my oh can hear me hewill wonder what the hell im doing, probably think imhaving cyber sex or something!!:lol:

Replies

• how far are you? I had a nightmare 6 weeks at around 9 weeks but it settled down eventually, same sort of thing, waking up in the middle of the night, wide awake & not able to get back off. I have been fine the last 10 weeks & can hardly stay awake of an evening anymore, I still wake up early though but I always have done. I noticed one of the things that improved my sleep was hubby moving into the spare room during the week. He comes bak at the weekends & I find I am always getting disturbed & never sleep as good. Can't give any tips as it really is a case of trying different things but avoid caffine or food late in the evening & when you wake up, have a book handy.
  • I'm always waking up at random times but wouldn't come down to the computer as hubby would wonder what i was doing lol. Proberly make him think i'm in labour somewhere in the house lol :\)
  • I am 24 weeks now and it has only started this past couple of weeks. I dont drink tea or coffee anyway as i dont like it and oh is no problem in bed, he is quite as a mouse and usually doesnt move so he is not disturbing me. Hopefully it will pass and i will get a decent nights sleep again soon before baby comes coz got no hope then!!
  • I can't sleep because I'm just so excited but then i get cross with myself because i know my body needs plenty of sleep lol. I'm only 6 weeks + 2 so still have a very long way to go lol
  • Hi,
    I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and find I can't sleep and am having the most vivid dreams. Some of them are not very nice. I dreamt last night I had a miscarriage. I did have a heavy supper to that couldn't have helped. I have my 1st Doc appointment on Tuesday so maybe that will put my mind at ease a little
    Good luck all
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • I know exactly how you feel. I'm 25 + 4 weeks pregnant and had trouble sleeping in the beginning. It got better but now I struggle to fal asleep bacause I can't get comfy! If I do wake up in the middle of the night it takes ages to fall asleep again. I wish I knew why. I blame everything on the hormones. Try warm milk. Usualy works for me. Good luck hun.
  • Hey Ladies I'm coming up for 29 weeks and I'm afraid it doesn't get any better. From the begining maybe week 6-8 I couldn't sleep that was just excitment though then from maybe week 10-14 I had a terrible time of it I couldn't sleep at all. It seemed to have stopped and now since 25 weeks onwards its all started again cant sleep at all.
  • I've got bout 10 days to go and I'm up every hr and a half for a wee, plus tossing n turning in between coz my hips get stiff or my back hurts or my ribs get sore and now to top it all off I've got a cold so nose keeps getting bunged up on one side so have to move again to help clear it!!! lol Still, must look on the bright side, eh...after all, we are all doing something pretty amazing wiv our bodies and it'll be well worth it in the end image
  • I thought getting up every hour to pee stopped after the first few weeks of preg then returned much later on when baby is really big - but im 21 weeks and still going to the loo every hour throughout the night!! Whats going on?!?!?!
  • HEY MILLIE I CAN SYMPATHISE WITH YOU IM 34 WEEKS NOW AND I WAKE UP IN AGONY AS IT FEELS LIKE SOMEONE HAS BEEN BASHING MY HIPS WITH A MALLET LOL. I WKE UP EVERY HOUR NOT FOR THE LOO BUT TO TURN OVER N WHEN IVE TURNED OVER I HAVE TO DRAG MY PILLOW OVER ASWELL TO SUPPORT BUMP MY OH IS GETTING REALLY PEED OFF NOW AS I BOUNCE AROUND THE BED LIKE ITS A TRAMPOLINE APPARENTLY LOL. TAKECARE CAL LOVE SIOBHAN N BABY GIRL BUMP X X
  • I am waking more often at night now, am 34 weeks too. last night i had a strong Braxton Hicks followed by a coughing fit, my poor OH is suffering too coz i wake him up when i am moving about! poor chap! I saw a picutre of how your ladder should look around 37 weeks and it was barely there! it's bad enough now - gonna get smaller - uhoh!
  • I'm almost 11 weeks and I'm exactly the same. I am desperate to get to bed as I feel really tired, and knock out straight away, then thats it - wide awake. The I wake my dh up as my weeing is so noisy!! And sorry to be really graphic, but my wees are massive, I feel like they are echoing throught the whole house!! Oh well, it's a small price to pay i suppose. xx
  • i'm nearly 28 weeks and i still can't sleep and the last couple of nights have been a nightmare as my husband has a cold and snores like a passing thunderstorm, i got so fed up of hitting him every 2 minutes yesterday that i went and got in with my daughter and then kept getting kicked from the outside as well as inside. so as you can see by the time on this post i just got up at aghhhhhh o'clock instead today don't know if i can cope with another 12 weeks of no sleep though and thats before the baby comes lol.
  • I'm having the same problem not sleeping, I feel sooo tired when I'm downstairs but try not to fall asleep because as soon as I get upstairs I'm wide awake again. I've also been having really bad heartburn and can't seem to find a good position to sleep in. It's driving me mad!
  • Hi all having same problem as you, finding it really hard to sleep, can't sleep during the day and when i do go to sleep at night it's not untill early hours and even then toilet runs and hubby snoring or just can't get comfy. Don't know how i will have energy to give birth lol. Hope you all get a good sleep ASAP :\)
  • Hi, can't sleep either. They say it's practice for when the baby comes, which I hardly think is fair as I won't be working then! When I do sleep I have the most strange dreams. Things I've found that help are lavender essential oil on my pillow, exercise and my friend swears by acupuncture.