Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

When did you start buying?

Replies

• I'm beginning to panic a little, like it's been some big dream. I went shopping yesterday and saw loads of heavily pregnant people and I almost felt a fraud. It's crazy how I'm doubting myself. My scan is next friday, and I can't wait. I've had nightmares already that I can't get there, you know when you have those awful dreams and your legs suddenly don't work and everything is taking ages( or is that just me) I also dreamt that I had forgotten to take some water, and they said - sorry we can't do it. Maybe I'm just mental!
  • Ha your not mental!! I have the most bizarre dreams myself. . i am 29 weeks pregnant and am hardly showing so it doedn't matter about the size of your bump, just enjoy the shopping. Don't get too carried away with the baby clothes, i have bought way way too many he will never get a chance to wear them all my mom keeps telling me. . during my pregnancy so far though the best thing i have bought is a body pillow from mothercare and maternity clothes from h&m and topshop are the best
  • I haven't bought any sleepsuits as a friend of mine has given loads of white clothes that her last one never wore as he was bloody massive, and she'd over bought. So to be honest I don't think I'll need to buy anymore clothes until I have it. Apart from that pram suit - god I'm inlove with it. God how I've changed.
  • Ive bought way too much stuff! My fiancee is back in uk in June so will miss our babys birth which is sad image but a good job he has not saw everything i have bought!! He would say waste of money
  • Oh thats a shame - do you have family to be support/interfere?
  • yes i have my family all nearby but its stressful as its my first baby, i have inly just turned 20 and have no idea about whats to come in my pregnancy/birth. He is in iraq awell which is making things worse. .
  • yes i have my family all nearby but its stressful as its my first baby, i have inly just turned 20 and have no idea about whats to come in my pregnancy/birth. He is in iraq awell which is making things worse. .
  • Oh, sophia, Im really sorry to here your feeling anxious. You'll get lots of help on here, everybody is so kind, so that might make you feel a bit better that your not on your own. Hopefully you'll have an easy baby that sleeps for the first 8 weeks and then by then he'll be home to help with all the rubbish bit. xxxx
  • I have appealed to his welfare officer to try and get him home on compassionate leave ill have to wait & see what they say. . are you going to find out the sex of your baby when the time comes? x x
  • Hi Sophia, I think we probably will, I always said I wouldn't but I mc last Nov and I want to make sure there is actually a baby and it's not my mind playing tricks so i think knowing the sex will help (with my insanity) I say that now, but maybe when the time comes I won't want to know. My husband wants to xx
  • ah i bet when you have your scan you wont be able to resist finding out sex. I said i wasnt going to but i really could not wait any longer, it makes it seem more real x x and exciting to tell people aswell!
  • I'm looking forward to next weekend, as we are going to tell the father and monster-in-law. they haven't got a clue. But apart from that I think everybody knows! I'm having trouble thinking about girls names. I was a swimming teacher for 14 years and just when I come up with a name that I like I remember some little bastard with the same name. We would like something a bit unusual without sounding poncy. Have you chosen anything yet?
  • My baby boys mane is goin to be theo. I didnt think of girl names though. . my fiancees mom hates me and she is not happy were having a baby. Not that i give a shit!!
  • Oh, that is so spooky. I said to my husband this morning I've thought of another boys name I like THEO - that is weird. I also like Edward and Gus, but my husband said no as it ryhmes with Pus. Nice
  • Thats such a man thing to say. . . i either was going to choose Harisson or Theo. But one of my close friends stole harisson which annoyed me but i prefer Theo its uncomplicated and cant be shortened
  • Thats such a man thing to say. . . i either was going to choose Harisson or Theo. But one of my close friends stole harisson which annoyed me but i prefer Theo its uncomplicated and cant be shortened
  • Yeah I like it for the same reason, and also at work we had quite a few harrisons. Ow, missed that bit before about your monster-in-law - whats her problem????
  • She is really strange. .Owain (my fiancee) does not even get along with his mom she tries 2 interfere &tell him what 2 do. He just tells her 2 piss off.
  • Good idea. Mine is ok in small doses, infact since she's moved away we email so I don't have to hear her fucking voice, it's much better I actually prefer it. They were undecided where they were going to live - such a long story, i won't bore you, but we were worried if we told them about the baby they would move back to be near us. Hopefully they exchange one day next week and then we'll tell them next Sunday.
  • Id wait 2 tell them about the baby then! Whereabout ru from, what do u do? I cant bear 2 hear his moms voice it goes straight through me! My stomach ties up when im around her. (is that ott?)