Forum home General Chat General chat

Lent??

Hey just wondered if anyone else usually gives something up for lent? i'm not really religious just have always liked the challenge of giving something up for 40 days. I usually give up alcohol as i think i should give up something that i really enjoy but due to pregnancy i seem to have given up most of the things i love for last 8 months. only thing left is chocolate, dont know if i can give that up, its the one thing that keeps me sane. xx

Replies

• Im such an idiot, god knows how i am doing an accountancy degree i didnt even know what lent is!! But now i know, i definetly wont be depriving myself of anything!!! My fiancee being away til June is enough of missing out on things. . Sophia x x x how can you ever give up chocolate, thats crazy!!! x x
  • This isn't going to shock anyone as I'm not religious, but I was going to give up swearing - does that count? but I just cant do it. I used to say the same thing every year and now I don't as I love it too much. I don't drink, I don't smoke, so really thats my only vice. I think I'll give up something I don't really like instead like crab.
  • Oh my god claire,ur so funny,im peeing myself laughing at you! when i started reading ur post,i would never have thought in a million years u were going 2 say u would give up crab! u say the most random things sometimes,and i find it so funny! thank-you for making me laugh............again!! Gayle xx
  • thanks love, I'm such a ganet normally, so it was hard trying to think of something, but you can't eat shellfish anyway so that was sort of a safe bet. Glad I tickled you xx re the random thing were you thinking about me and cat sex?
  • now the cat sex has got 2 be the funniest 1 yet!!! i read the messages out loud 2 my o/h and he was in stitches!!xx
  • oh dear, i sound mental dont I. yesterdy we got into a long one about worlds most prem baby - nightmare xxx
  • yep i read that 1 this morning! brilliant!! xx
  • Glad it didn't make you feel sick, I think sophia nearly passed out xxx
  • Just asked my husband what he was going to give up for lent (I said maybe being a bastard) and he said pancakes. He had 2 yesterday.
  • MEN!!!! lol xx