Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Positive thinking forum?

This may sound like a daft thing to ask for but I think it could really help me at the moment. I have recently become a little over anxious about ttc and it hasn't done me any good. I have also been really down and tearful. I really want to have a baby, but I think I'm not helping myself. Everyone keeps saying relax, but its hard to when you really want something as badly as I do (as we all do!)
Anyway, I've decided to make a few lifestyle changes to improve my chances and help me refocus. What I was interested in, is positive thoughts to keep in my head when I find that A/F has arrived again. How does everyone keep going? What do they do to stop themselves from falling into the pit that I have just climbed out of? I thought that maybe I could create a forum of happy thoughts and positive vibes that you can come to when things aren't working out. Just an idea!;\)

Replies

• Hi lilypingu,its great 2 hear u sounding a bit better.this is a nice subject for us 2 add 2,so i will tell u bout my day yesterday! af arrived 4 days late GRRRRRR! and i was so upset.i was even crying in front of my son,which is something i hate doing! then a little while later(hes 2 and a half) he comes over to me with a picture hes drawn for me(a load of scribbles lol)and he sits on my knee,gives me a great big cuddle,and says "dont cry mummy,i'm here,i love you" well my heart just melted.this may not be of much help 2 those of u ttc baby no1,but my point is,while we are on this journey,we should cherish the fabulous things in our lives.could be children u already have,or a lovely o/h,a pet u adore,or a friend who is always there for you.just a thought girls.love 2 u all.Gayle xx
  • Great idea Lilypingu I think you'll get loads of feedback here. I find that trying not to test early really helps as the negative result for me is much worse than just getting af as it's like having a double whammy of crap news. I try to look at af as a positive way forward as it gives you a picture of your last cycle, gives you an idea how regular you are which helps plan the next ovulation. all theory i know but it seems to lift me on that first day as i put all the relevant dates on the calendar for something positive to do. I've also started to do Pilates for pregnancy (although seems strange as not yet pg) which for the first Trimester is very relaxing and i try to do this a couple of times a week. I picked up the book in a local charity shop and it helps me to stay relaxed. I try to do it when o/h is having a bath so i can have a quited 1/2 hour to myself. I hope this helps. loads of luck Chriss
  • Lilypingu,
    I always try to think that there is always people out there that have got it worse than I have. I have had one m/c in january, although I have already got 2 children. It took me a long time to concieve my 2nd baby and the wait was hard. At the time I had just lost my grandad and I don't think the grief and stress helped.I was just about to be refered by the doctors for help when I fell naturally.. Now I think I am luck to have what I got and even though I really want to get pregnant I try not to think about it to much...hard I know.
    Coming on here talking to people has also helped me.
    Try and stay postitive and keep smiling.
    All the best
    Anna
  • Hi
    Yes what a good idea. Very hard sometimes isn't it? I mean you try not to get hopes up each month and therefore be realistic but when you get af or a neg your world falls apart for a few days until next time. I try and think i am not (ie this month) but know that secretely i am thinking i could be in the back of my head. So i can't win as unless get a + will be upset. Even then is not foregone conclusion as had two + in Jan only to get - days afterwards and a bleed , so early chemical preg/mc.
    Hmmm don't know what to suggest. Think trying to focus on other things good. Felt guilty as not given up sat night drinking but determined not to put life on hold. Could be months or heaven forbid longer and so would have made myself miserable for no good. Besides will be hard enough without booze for 9mths!!! (Promise i won't moan)
    So i think not to make too many changes and go with the flow (forgive the pun) for a bit. Easier said than done i know as i will find it diff to follow own advice.
    Unless we have been told we cannot physically conceive we should be positive and even if we can't we would just cope....we are women, that's what we do.
    Hope that helps xxx
  • Wow, what a fab day today- lovely sunshine, nice and warm....summers on its way. I am so happy to think that everything is going to be ok.
    Keep thinking happy thoughts everyone- cheers for the replies already.
  • lilypingu what a lovely idea i think we do need this forum coz im always coming on just moaning and feeling depressed this is a fantastic idea for us all to share our happy moments and we can inspire eachova what to do to make us happy because it makes sense really coz if we want to be pg then it is better to try and be positive about life and to try and be happy coz we are more likely to catch if we are relaxed so please all keep posting ur ideas i agree with anna i think it does help to think someone is always worse off than u and what makes me smile is my two dogs they are my babies for now!! so gud luck to everyone and keep smiling em xx
  • hi lilypingu my poitive thoughts are i came on last night o i am back on my diet today and i am going to do more exercise i gave up smoking again last week so am now gonna get my body and mind in tip top condition to get pregnant so keep up all the positive thinking girls next month we will be on the im due forums good luck everyone x x x
  • lilpingu, I to feel the same as you, and think what u hv suggested is a great idea
  • Howdy, going to buy a bike at the weekend so I can get out and about in the lovely weather. On the down side- I'll have to wear a helmet and get helmet hair!!! Have handed in an application form today for a new job so fingers crossed for an interview and even the job!! Yippee!!
  • Wanted to pop some positive vibes on here for you all. Had planned to try for a 2nd baby after a big holiday to Canada last summer following 2 traumatic miscarriages. Found out I was pregnant (without trying) 2 weeks before we went. Baby Adam is curled up snoring in my arms right now and blowing baby bubbles at you all x x x
    Lily defo get the bike - I'd bought one & started riding & running every other day and so had dh until our surprise!
  • orrr thats a lovely story sweetheart that made me smile im sorry for ur m/cs but it just shows u can have a positive ending thanku for that em xx
  • Hey Lilypingu

Long time no see, not been on here for a while as it was getting me down for the reasons you have said. Popped on tonite and had to say hello. No BFP yet but as others have said, I take each month as a way of gatting used to my body and stopped testing early.

Positives this week so far

>Finished my NVQ, started it 2 years ago
    >The sun was shining today, can tidy the garden at the weekend
    >Painted my bedroom
    >Settled at work on my new ward
    >Booked holiday with parents to Norfolk in July
  • Sweetheart, I have to say that was a fab message- baby Adam sounds sooo cute. Glad you've had such a good week so far cazzie.
    I have been willow weaving today in the sunshine and have had such a fabulous day. I can't believe how well and positive I feel. Am feeling very hopeful about the future. I'm sure everything will work itself out. Still intending to buy the bike, but am also intending to get out into the garden and plant some springtime flowers to brighten the garden this weekend. Also, this week is nearly over now and it will soon be the weekend-hooray. Also had a drink for the first time last night since New Years Eve, had given up any form of alchol (as ttc) don't really drink much, but have been passing up at social events. I had a Bailey's in the bath, so nice it was too..........
  • hi ladies just wanted to say i feel quite positive today for some reason im thinking it might be the positive vibes we are all sharing on here (u neva know) and i do have a little bit of hope that i may be pg!! i find out friday so il let u all know but if its bad news then i will be on the not alone board wudnt want to spoil the positive board!! anyway have to dash i am having an indian takeaway mmmm sod the diet tnite lol have a gud nt luv em xx
  • Howdy all, brought my bike today and spent the afternoon cycling around with my friend and her two daughters. Another lovely day and I'm keeping fit too which can only add to the ttc stakes. Have such an appetite, just waiting for DH to get back with the take-away!
    Took DH out to dinner last night which was lovely, haven't been out for a while so it was really nice. Had a house viewing today so all in all everythingall is looking positive. Hope you're are all having a great weekend too. Love Lilypingu x:lol:
  • hi lilypingu,sounds like ur having a lovely weekend.its really nice 2 hear things are going well for you.enjoy ur take-away u lucky devil xx
  • yum, yum, yum image
  • Hello everyone, got my AF a day early this month on Friday, I did feel gutted at first, then thought at least I haven't spent a fortune on tests and got my hopes up. Come on the next few days until OV day, also found out I'm losing weight finally after 2 months of trying. Good luck to all ttc xx
  • Congratulations on your weight loss Marie1. Sorry to hear af arrived, but good to hear that your feeling positive that ov day is on its way. Am expecting my ov day within the next few weeks, not exactly sure when. Am taking it easy this month, not going to try so hard with DH. We'll see.....image
  • HEY LILY PINGU

I SORT OF LOOK FORWARD TO MY PERIOD BCOZ I THINK IF IT DOES COME I WILL GO OUT AND BUY A NEW COAT (RETAIL THERAPY) IF IT DOESNT COME THEM IM HAPPY THEN IM GOING TO BE A MUM.

LIKE IM DUE NX WEEK 4 A PERIOD AND I HOPE IT DOESNT COME BUT IF IT DOES IT MEANS I CAN GO THE WEST MIDLANDS SAFARI PARK IF IT DOESNT COME THEN I DONT GO BCOZ MY MUM SAID THAT ITS NOT A GOOD TO GO ON THE RIDES ;\)

WEIRD I KNOW BUT I HOPE U UNDERSTAND ME :\(