Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

Prams!

We bought the mamas and Papas Pliko at the Baby show with an amazing discount. Apparentley, M&P have been making this design for years and Silver Cross copied the design. We didn't go for the carseat as we already have one and I wouldn't use it attached to the wheels.

Replies

• Morning ladies, I just wondered who has chosen their prams yet?? I had always said to my husband that I wanted a bugaboo and when a red one came up in the sale for ??200 I was over the moon!! We asked for some help to demonstate how it worked etc, but in the end we went for a mamas and papas pliko pramette in polka dot. The Bugaboo was lovely, but we wondered if it took up loads of room in the car, as it has a separate carry cot?? The pramette that we have bought is great, as you can they the baby down flat when they are tiny, but it also converts to a pushchair.

Has anyone else had this dilema??
  • Ive bought mine from mothercare, its by urban detour and the model is 'peninsula' they have bought out a new colour now i think but the one i have is like khaki, beige, and creme colours ideal for my baby boy (3 wheeler tho). Its was ??209 which was bargain and car seat to go with it was ??75!!! Its really nice aswell has a nice cosytoe for winter its all fluffy and lined really nicely, plus it folds up tiny and converts into travel system. What more do you want??
  • i'm gonna have to get a twin pram. as my rosie will only be 22 months when baby comes. so we have decided to get the cosatto twin lunar side by side. as i also need to put a buggy board on the back for my 3rd boy as he has got a condition called hyper mobility syndrome. which means he has too much movement in his joints which causes him pain so he can't do too much walking.
    there isn't alot of choice of twin prams anyway, so it was quite hard to choose. can't remember the last time i had a single pram as have had all my kids close together. but i's great to go shopping for them.xx
  • Hi pen, hope you don't mind me butting in, I have hypermobility syndrome, that's why I need my c section. You've done really well to get it diagnosed so early, doctors normally dismiss it as so many other things 'growing pains' etc, it wasn't until I was 21 that it was finally diagnosed.
    Do you mind me asking if it runs in your family? A couple of other people in my family have it, and I'm obviously watching out for it in my son. I've gone off the point completely, but just wanted to say!!!!!
  • hi suzaie, thanks for letting me know about your hypermobility syndrome. we had it diagnosed a few months ago, he is only 3 and half. the physio diagnosed it for us. he has to wear special boots as well as insoles as he also has flat feet, which makes him clumsy. he also suffers alot of pain, which the physio has said isn't normal.it affects his fingers , wrists, hips, legs, ankles and feet.
    i didn't know that adults suffered that bad from it, we have been led to believe that it improves and goes away by late child hood. so thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    i think that i suffer from it. as i can bend my legs the wrong way and am very supple in my joints where they slide over each other,, but when i was young it was put down to growing pains as i was suffering from pain.
    i really keep a good eye on my kids feet development now . thank you for telling me about you, it makes me feel not so bad, as when he suffers the pain i feel useless.
    xx
  • hi suzaie, thanks for letting me know about your hypermobility syndrome. we had it diagnosed a few months ago, he is only 3 and half. the physio diagnosed it for us. he has to wear special boots as well as insoles as he also has flat feet, which makes him clumsy. he also suffers alot of pain, which the physio has said isn't normal.it affects his fingers , wrists, hips, legs, ankles and feet.
    i didn't know that adults suffered that bad from it, we have been led to believe that it improves and goes away by late child hood. so thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    i think that i suffer from it. as i can bend my legs the wrong way and am very supple in my joints where they slide over each other,, but when i was young it was put down to growing pains as i was suffering from pain.
    i really keep a good eye on my kids feet development now . thank you for telling me about you, it makes me feel not so bad, as when he suffers the pain i feel useless.
    xx
  • hi im getting my pram from mamas and papas it costs ??400 but you get everythink with it its just like the sliver cross 3D one xx
  • You could possibly have Pen, sounds like you might. It doesn't stop me doing anything, and I was the best at gymnastics at primary school!!!! I know it affects boys and girls differently, and there are different sorts, so your son may well grow out of it, it will certainly become easier when he gets older as the muscles surrounding the joints will get stronger and support the joints more. Physios seem to understand it really well, so it's great that you have a good one, most docs don't understand it, or appreciate how painful it can be.
  • Thanks everyone, just wanted to be nosey and see what everyone was buying!
  • I have bought the Mothercare Urban Detour Xtreme 3 wheeler travelsystem in black, with little bit of black & white check inside.. It's really cool... Came with a car seat and is pram which converts to pushchair suitable from birth.

It's being kept at my mum's so everytime I go there I have a little push of it.

Sam x
  • I also have the Urban Detour travel system from Mothercare. Can't remember what the name is but it's light brown coloured moleskin fabric with fake-fur lining. It came with a matching carseat and even that has got a cute little cosy-toes with it!
    It's gorgeous and I can't wait to use it!
  • Hi emma i have bought the same as you, mamas and papas pilko pramettee in polka with matching car seat, changing bag and parasol, wont be picking it up till may though, due 2nd june xx
  • Hi everyone!

I'm going to look for a pram after my 20 week scan on 1th April but I've been told the only one that will fit into the boot of my car is the Quinny Buzz, we have had a quick look at it and it does fold up really small and will definately fit into the boot of my car ( I have a MINI). Does anyone know of another pram that folds up as small as the Quinny one I've been looking at?

Thanks muchly!
    Donna
  • ive just bought the powertwin from jane, ive got one one the new colours (marine) coming out the end of april (hopefully!) it been rated the best twin buggy. it cost me ??440 and it comes with the car seat too!! xx
  • Hey Claire & Sophia, we have bought the same range! How cool are we gonna look when we're pushing our babies around!

I personally never thought I'd see the day when I would own a pram! Let alone think I look cool pushing one!!!

Sam x:lol:
  • Hi Donna, just thought I would let you know that the chasis of the bugaboo chamelon fits in the boot of a mini, but only if you use it with the car seat as the carycot doen't fit in the car, never mind the boot! I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I ended up selling my much loved CooperS because it was just to small for a baby. I managed untill lo was 5 months but getting an infant seat in and out is a real pain and it is actually impossible to get a baby into a rear facing seat in the back of a mini! Again, sorry to have to tell you this but I thought it might be helpful. Kerry xx
  • I like the silvercross pistachio or britax pram (dont remember the name!), havent bought one yet, but im still looking!

Im pissd about the mini though, i love that car, it was next on my list! I have a new astra which is extremely spacious but i want a mini. OH*
  • I made the upsetting decision to sell my Mini Cooper S as soon as I fell pregnant........I had only bought it three months before brand new! At least I had a few months of sunshine to take advantage of having the roof down though!
  • Thanks Kerry!! I had thought perhaps my MINI would be totally impractical!! I have a Cooper S and was thinking about getting a car seat in and out that back seat!! Can't they go in the front seat if I make sure the passenger airbag is switched off??? I'm a bit unsure of all the do's and don'ts with car travel! My only thing is, I can't sell my MINI as it's a company car that gets replaced every 4 months with yet another MINI!!! ( I work for them so I have to drive one!!)
    I guess I'll just have to take the damm thing to Mothercare and see which ones will def fit and go from there!!!

Advice on front seat travel would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
    Donna
  • Hi Donna, It is possible to get an infant seat in and out of the back, it is probably easier than using the front seat and having to move it every time you want to take someone else in the car. You are right that the front seat is ok as long as the air bag is turned off. If you are going to use the back seat I would definately get a car seat with a base as this is much easier than fitting the seat each time in such a small space. We have a Maxi cosi cabrio fix with an isofix base and it was really good. I'm guessing that your car is brand new and has isofix but if not you can fit the base with a seatbelt. As an extra bonus the maxi cosi works as a travel system with Quinny pushchairs, useful for short trips, especially if lo falls asleep in the car. The mini isn't TOTALY impractical but it does serverly cramp your shopping style as there is only ever room in the boot for a pushchair!
    It sounds like you have my dream job! What do you do for Mini, if you don't mind me asking?
    Kerry.