Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Progress milk/Solid Food Issue

Hi All
My lo is 6 and a half months and has been on solids for 5-6 weeks now.

I was wondering whether any of you have tried any progress milk. I tried him with it for a week but he seemed really hungry on it, even though he's now on 3 solid meals a day. He tends to have cereal and pureed fruit for breakfast, homemade pureed veg and meat or a jar plus fromage frais for lunch and similar for tea, although his appetite for solids can vary quite a bit and he can be a bit fussy with veg (loves his fruit though!).

His milk intake (previously on SMA white) can sometimes still be 36oz in 4-5 bottles throughout the day. Since being on the progress milk, the last 2 nights he's woken in the night screaming and really hungry and downed 7oz. This is really unusual for him as he stopped the night feeds weeks ago and often goes from 7pm - 7am with little more than a murmer when he loses his dummy.

I don't want him to be hungry but also don't want him to get too big or rely on milk rather than solids. I also don't want to go back to nights feeds! I've actually gone back on the SMA white today to see if that helps but wondered if anyone has had a similar experience or has any advice.

Thanks for reading
x

Replies

• Have you tried him on some more filling foods like mashed potato or sweet potato....just a thought
    My daughter is the same age and on 3 meals a day. She also has 3 bottles a day 24oz saw my HV this morning who said I should be aiming for 20oz a day max. I have not tried 'progess' milk and stuck with SMA gold. Try not to worry he's only 5-6 weeks into his solids my lo dropped her milk intake considerably about 7-8 weeks in.

Good luck
  • Hi I didnt bother with progress milk with my daughter. Kept her on cow and gate plus milk until she was a year old and then went onto normal full fat cows milk.
  • Hi I didnt bother with progress milk with my daughter. Kept her on cow and gate plus milk until she was a year old and then went onto normal full fat cows milk.
  • My liitle man is on the progress milk,but only because he only takes about 15oz of milk a day & there is twice the iron & vits in the progress compared to white/gold.Like Lisa said i would maybe start giving him mashed pot or pasta,i know veg doesnt fill me up that much!My lo is nearly 8mths old. Good luck x
  • Hi all
    Just wanted to say thanks for your replies - the last 2 nights he'e been back to sleeping through so will probably stick with the SMA white for the time being and increase his solids bit by bit

Thanks for all your advice!