Forum home Babies Baby

What time do you mums.....

Hi guys,

As I finally managed to get in the shower and get dressed earlier today, I was just wondering what time all you mums out there managed to get washed and dressed by each day?!

I'm quite often still in my pj's at lunchtime... is it just me, or are you all the same!!?? My lo is almost 7 weeks old and I just don't know where the time goes.

:lol:

Leanne xx

Replies

• I now what you mean leanne! :\) when daniel was a baby I got into a routine of not leaving upstairs til we were all dressed... that way we wouldn't end up still in jammas at dinner... for hte first few weeks though I was never out of my jammas unles I knew the midwife/guests was coming and even then I only got dressed if I had time.. xxx :\)

My dh leaves the house at 8/8.30am, & daniel was waking about 7amish at 7 weeks so dh would go get his bottle and feed him while I got dressed, then I would get daniel dressed, a quick (& I mean quick) tidy of the bedrooms/bathroom, while dh would get washed/dressed, then we'd all go downstairs for breakfast together... :\)

but it would all go to pot if daniel slept later! lol :\)
  • Hiya, when eden was first born it was a bit easier as my OH was off work but when he went back at 2 weeks some days i stayed in my pjs all day and these days she just gets put in her cot with some toys while i get dressed!
    Samx
  • I have a shower in the evening, and I had a quick wash in the mornings and get dressed before I get Jake up, I only do it like that cause I would still be in my pjs at lunchtime too, mornings just fly by don't they!x
  • Hi everyone

I really struggle to get us both up, me showered, baby washed and dressed before lunchtime. My man comes home for his lunch and more often than not keeps his eye on the baby till I am ready!! The thing that I really struggle with thou is ironing, where do you find the time?? Oh, and expressing milk. And washing and drying my hair! The days just fly by ..... lol x
  • Hi everyone

I really struggle to get us both up, me showered, baby washed and dressed before lunchtime. My man comes home for his lunch and more often than not keeps his eye on the baby till I am ready!! The thing that I really struggle with thou is ironing, where do you find the time?? Oh, and expressing milk. And washing and drying my hair! The days just fly by ..... lol x

joannemarie.... ironing???? what's that?? :roll: :roll: :roll: just get yourself a good tumble dryer and put things of hangers straight away and hardly anythign will need ironing.. :\) xxx

[Modified by: wenders on April 14, 2007 10:21 PM]
  • I'm with wenders on that one, ironing is definately avoidable! I am normally dressed and showered by eight o'clock, but I cheat. I take lo in the shower with me, or put her in her bouncy chair in the bathroom so I can talk to her, then she plays on our bed while I get dressed. We are always both dressed by half eight and then she has breakfast. I wasn't as organised when she was littler but I got into the habit of putting on a tracksuit instad of pj's so I looked like I had got dressed!
  • my babys due 7 days days hopefuly less! my straightners have bust i dnt think ill bother wiv a new pair doesnt sound like ill have much time for that lol as for jymas till dinner thats my over last few weeks lol
  • Glad to hear its not just me then!! I guess as lo's get older it gets easier... hopefully! I sometimes feel like i'm wasting the days, especially when we sometimes go back to bed, but then its good to catch up on sleep too!

With regards to ironing, I just do a little when I can and when everything else of higher priorty has been done. I also have two older step boys (13 & 16yrs) and where as I used to do their ironing.... I don't anymore! When I stopped doing it, I realised that 75% of the ironing was theirs anyway!!

Expressing milk - I just do when I want to take a bottle out with me, or if lo misses a feed. Its the washing and sterilising of the pump that takes the time I find, if it wasn't for that it would be ok!

Washing hair... I just do when it starts to look greasy! Drying hair... I usually let it dry naturally and I straighten it only if i'm going out somewhere... and even then, I do it once lo is in baby carrier just before going out the door!

Housework - I try to hoover every day (also have 2 dogs & 2 cats!), its a bonus that lo seems to find the sound of the hoover soothing as he often goes off to sleep! The rest gets done whenever I get a spare 5 minutes. My oh works funny hours, so he's not a great help when it comes to house work, he's also quite lazy and wouldn't think of doing something unless asked... something that annoys me loads. I sometimes think it would be much easier if it was just me & baby, at least then I wouldn't have to run around tidying up after everyone else, does anyone else feel like that sometimes.

I seem to have gone off on a rant so i'll stop there!! Helps to get things off chest sometimes tho! xx
  • Hi, unfortunately, I only have a washer dryer and the clothes come out more creased than ever when I use it so its the old fashioned method of ironong for me but Ive just decided that I am going to use my family tax credit to pay for the ironing to be done if everyone else is getting out of doing it!!! lol :lol:
  • I do my ironing when lo has gone to bed whther nap or for the night I try to do each load the same day I wash it so that it doesn't mount up.
    I was lucky lo used to play in his crib when I had a shower now I put him on his play mat with a nursery rhyme cd on (shower and dressing takes about 10 mins now!!) But I don't have other children or pets to worry about. When he was little I had a cat but made sure she was outside if ever I left him on his own. Today was the first time in 4 motnhs I've been able to blow dry my hair I almost look presentable
  • My DD is now 6 months and still sometimes have a struggle getting sorted!
    The thing is not to get too stressed - my daughter wakes anytime from 6am to 8.30am depending on how her night went. We then get up and have a bum change and some milk and a little play while I tidy around. then she is ready for breakfast. I then wash and dress her and she comes into the bathroom with me with her toys while I get to have a shower and dressed. Then we have another little play together and some more milk, by then she will be ready for a nap (sometimes!)and then I get to do some more housework for she lets me! after she wakes we have another play and milk and then it is getting on for luchtime. After lunch I get on with some more house work then we tend to get out for a walk or to the shops.
    The best thing is to fit in with your childs routine - who cares if you are not washed and dressed or have all the housework done? Try and save time by buying none iron clothes (I don't iron at all!) or see if friends or family can play with your little one while you make them a coffee and nip for a quick shower xxx
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one finding my days disappearing and not knowing where they've gone. I have started laying baby on bed between 2 pillows while I rush round and get dressed and washed, then I bring him down and get him dressed and give him his breakfast, then when he had his I have mine, assuming he's having a good day, if he isn't then I don't get dressed all day :\) Sammi xx