Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Juice

Hi all I've been buying my 10 month old the heinz baby juice 2 have with meals as he wont take water. was just wondering if he's old enough to just have normal sugar-free squash now? It's jst the heinz stuff is quite expensive and runs out quickly. Thanx xx

Replies

• hi k8... tbh I'd just keeping trying him with water, he's still very younger yet... daniel took ages to like but i'm glad I perserved with it, other than that I don't see why he can't have the normal sugar free juice. x
  • thanx hun!! xx
  • hi K8

my little is only 6 months old but he has never taken water, the heinz ones are good as can be left open in the fridge for almost a week. Water the juice down with some cooled boiled water so to encourage some blander tastes. I dont know if its permanent or not but Morrisons have them for a ??1 each at the moment, as are some of the yoghurt/custard deserts. Hope it helps

amanda
  • Have to say I'd persevere with the water too. much better when the teeth come through if they'll take it plain - my 10yr old grew up on 'tapjuice' and no fillings yet whereas my stepkid, who brushes regularly, but has been allowed juice and fizzy drinks with meals has had to have 6 already.
  • Hi, to get my 6 month old onto water i started with the heinz apple juice then over the course of a couple weeks added more water until there was no juice.The transition was so slow she didn't realise and will now happily take water.I also used this method when trying to get her to change from jarred food to home made.Hope it helps
  • These are all really good advice girls thanx!!! I'll definately try to wean him him onto water!! XX