Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH AND ITCHY MOLES

HI JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF I SHOULD BE WORRIED , MY SON CAME HOME TO DAY WITH A LETTER FROM SCHOOL SAYING THERE IS A CASE OF HAND FOOT AND MOUTH AND ANY PREGNANT WOMEN TO BE CARE FULL ???
ANY ONE HEARD OF THIS ??
ANOTHER THING I HAVE BEEN REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT IS MY MOLES HAS ANY ONE NOTICED A CHANGE IM COVERED IN MOLES AND BEAUTY SPOTS ALL OVER MY BODY BUT A COUPLE HAVE BECOME QUITE RAISED AND ITCHY SOMEONE METIONED IT COULD BE CAUSE I AM PREGNANT. GOD EVERY THING HAPPENS AT ONCE . I AM 26 WEEKS GONE AND AM STARTING TO GET SLIGHTLY PANICKY ABOUT EVERY THING
ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPREICIATED BEFORE I HAVE A BREAKDOWN
THANKYOU
EMMA X X

Replies

• hi emma. my son had this letter sent home from his nursery recently as well. and i looked it up. and it's only dangerous if you catch it when you are about to give birth. so you should be ok. i was very worried by it but was relieved when i realised it wasn't a threat to me at the moment. i am 31 weeks now. as for your moles changing i would definaltly mention it to you doc or midwife but skin and mole changes in pregnancy are common but get it checked out for your own peace of mind, good luck. xx
  • thanks , will look it up !! i see consultant on tuesday so will mention it
    thanks again
    emma x
  • thanks nicola, my sons head teacher is a bit over the top with everything, feel a bit better about it now
    emma x
  • Hi Emma, My daughter caught Hand, foot & mouth from school just before the half-term hols in Feb.
    She had to stay off school for a week and during that time I also caught it through close contact with her-having cuddles...it really freaked me out and we both went to see the doctor. I mentioned to him that we were trying for a baby and would it affect me. He said "NO". We had to cancel our romantic Valentines dinner because of my mouth blisters and palms hurting so much, but on the other hand we did suceed in making a baby on valentines Day. That certainly made up for it after months of trying since m/c last year....Doc even reckons the HF& M changed my hormones in some way!!
    Isn't life just funny.....Sarah xx

• wow , i am so a believer of every thing happens for a reason , you have proved that theory ha ha
    emma x