Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

travel system - any idea which is the best?

Hi - am new to this but was wondering what people thought was best transport wise.. am quite keen on a travel system but am not sure which one to get? I am looking at the Icandy cherry and the bugaboo (the latter seems extortionate) and wondered if any one had any recommendations?

thanks!
:\?

Replies

• Bugaboo, Bugaboo, Bugaboo! I have a chameleon and although they are VERY expensive I think it was worth every penny. I haven't found anywhere yet it can't go (and I walk a lot with it) and the fact that it comes with a carrycot means that Millie has been really comfy in it right from birth. It is really easy to push, I can turn it round in next to no space, it is light and I love the fact that the seat is slightly higher than some pushchairs so now she is sitting up Millie has a really good view. It is also really easy to turn the seat unit round if your lo get bored of looking where they are going and wants to see you. They only thing that is even nearly wrong with it is that it is quite big when folded so you would need to check it fits ok in your boot if this is an issue.
  • thanks for the tips.. Yes I am slightly concerned about the boot space! I think the best thing will be to actually borrow a friends to see if it will fit!
  • thanks for the tips.. Yes I am slightly concerned about the boot space! I think the best thing will be to actually borrow a friends to see if it will fit!
  • Best way we have found to fit it in is to take off the bumper bar and put the wheels on top of the seat. It is a pain when you are using the carrycot though. We bought the maxi-cosi car seat and for short trips this was great as it just clicks onto the wheels and saves taking the carycot.
  • i agree the bugaboo is one of the best prams out ther. im expecting baby number 2 and plan 2 use it again with a bugy board. u can also change the colour which is gr8. if like me u get easily bored.
  • We have ordered the Silver Cross 3D pram system in Pistachio - it looks lovely and feels wonderful to push!
  • W're getting Bugaboo Cameleon (edd august) because it's the lightest travel system EVER! We tried every single thing out there and Bugaboo was the only one that has ticked all our 'wants',it is expensive but we're not planning on buying smaller buggy (maybe for when we go on holiday,but that will be a cheapie!)
  • Bugaboo is extremely expensive! if you're money conscious like me, you can still get a wonderful travel system... Ours is Chicco, and we're planning to use it for our third child in August. It's still in great condition, folds up small and is very light. I think it was about ??300.