Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

dry at night ???

hi i have recently taken my daughter out of nappies at night the first 3 nights were excelent and she stayed dry but the ast 5 have not been so good she seems to wet her self mins before she wakes up any tips should i put he back into nappies?or will she sort her self out?

Replies

• Hi - when I potty trained my eldest, I put her in pull ups at night and left a potty in her room as our toilet was downstairs. Also, I stopped her drinks about 30mins - 1 hour before bed. It worked and she went dry at night almost instantly. I now have to try potty training her sister which is an experience I am not looking forward to!!! Hope this helps, Sam xx P.S how are you feeling? I'm getting terrible heartburn at mo, the joys!!
  • im not to bad at the mo touch wood!!!i have cut her drinks right dwn from 4pm as she drinks loads and we do lift her onto her potty b4 we go to bed but regardless the time she wakes up in the morning she seems to wee as she is coming round???
  • Must admit i never made any attempt to potty train any of mine at night coz im too damn lazy:lol: I just waited til there nappies/pullups had been dry for a couple of weeks then put a potty in their room and hoped for the best. It obviously worked coz ive never had a wet bed! Saying that my 2 1/2 year old has been dry in the day since chrismas and now ive said ive never had an accident no doubt when i take her night time nappy she will give me loads!
  • the other thing is she will soon be 3 she has been dry in the day since 18 months old and i want 1 less load of nappies for when new one arrives as where i live there is a waste collection sceame and they only collect rubbish every 2 weeks and still you can only fill one bin and you are not aloud over that!
  • Its the same where i am with the rubbish we get garden waste one week household waste the next and a fortnightly recycling collection. My bin is full of nappies and its gonna stink in the summer!! We dont ever manage to fill it but when we put it out at night the neighbours dump all their rubbish in it! Still cant be bothered to potty train at night though coz im a lazy cow:lol:
  • Its the same where i am with the rubbish we get garden waste one week household waste the next and a fortnightly recycling collection. My bin is full of nappies and its gonna stink in the summer!! We dont ever manage to fill it but when we put it out at night the neighbours dump all their rubbish in it! Still cant be bothered to potty train at night though coz im a lazy cow:lol:
  • Glad you're feeling ok. One of my friends gets her children up to go to the toilet when she goes to bed - praying that they don't wake properly!! Alternatively, could you try and wake her earlier in the morning? I know what you mean about the rubbish collections, our council are changing to fortnightly collections in september, luckily I have already decided to use reusables this time round, and Mia should be potty trained by then - fingers crossed!! Take care Sam xx
  • hi ya, i did potty training when my son was just over 2 1/2 yrs. I used a sticker reward chart nothing fancy just a4 bit of paper with blocks of 4 on it and after he filled one row with stickers for being dry at night he got a reward like a little pack of crayons and when he filled the sheet a little toy he wanted, if he had an accident we just didn't put a sticker on. does your daughter wake roughly at same time? would you beable to wake her 5 min b4 and get her to go toilet? i didn't go back to nappies once i'd put him in pants but was very lucky he hasn't had many accidents and his nappies were dry for ages in morning b4 we tried nights. hope you get on ok. we used to put pampers bed sheets so we weren't washing a protective sheet all the time. sorry not to be more help.
    nikki x
  • hi, my daughters a bit like yours most nights she stays dry but still pees some nights, i keep training pants on just incase, im going to start taking her to toilet before i go to bed and see if that helps, you could give that a go hopefully stop accidents in the morning. good luck xxx
  • yippie we had a dry night !!!!!! less washing today yay!!!!
  • Yippee well done you!