Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Is this it?

Hi, I am 40 + 4 days and am unsure if I am going into labour or not. Even though this is my second child, I was induced the first time round and nothing about that labour was natural, hence the reason for me questioning if this is it or not. I had major backache most of last night and painful tightenings accompanied with a period pain like stomach ache, admitidly some were stronger than others. However, having woken up this morning even though my belly is hard, I dont have any real pain, and was wondering if this is the begining of things happening, or is this just wishful thinking? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
:\?

Replies

• I HAVE BEEN HAVING BAD PACK PRESSURE !

AND TUMMY TIGHTENING BUT NO PAIN

FEEL A PRESSURE AND PUSHIN DOWN ON MY KNICKER LINE

AND WOKE FEELIN LIKE I WANTED TO BE SICK

THE BACK PAIN IS BAD AT THE MO.

AND I HAD A SHOW ON SAT. THAT KEEPS COMING OUT MORE AND MORE EVERY MORNING ! AND THERE WAS A LOT THIS MORNING IT LOOKS LIKE EGG WHITE ! YUK I KNOW

NOT URE WHAT TO THINK, BUT ANY LITTLE NIGGLE I AM THINKING I THIS IT!!!
  • how exciting!!! sounds like your both def. having contractions, especially if you've had a show! in the early stages they can start and stop, you'll know your properly in labour when the pain gets worse with each contraction and they become closer together. if your worried i'd phone your midwife or hospital they'll be able to advise you x. good luck