Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

MMC 8wks ago, still bleeding, anyone the same????

Hi,
Ive left post on the mmc forum and they have all been great, but none of the girls seem to have bleed for as long as I am.
Im just wondering if im an odd ball! or is there other people who have had the same thing happen.
I was scan on 13th June to find a 6wk delevoped baby with no heartbeat (my dates put me around 11).
I went home to let nature takes its course as I have had MC in the passed and they have been straight forward with no medical intervention, and so this would be the same, how wrong was I !.
A week after scan I had heavy bleeding and was admited to hospital where I was scan the next day and given the all clear only blood clots could be seen, but there had been no sigh of the baby in what Id passed, but I was told i didnt need any treatment and to go home.
Since then the bleeding has gone on and on, ive been tested for infection and been given the all clear, had another scan which shows more clots, ive been on 2 different anitbiotics at once even though Ive no infection! plus a load of other stuff to try and stop the bleeding which havent worked ive in total been on 30 tablets a day.
Im now anemic, and very depressed as I keep haveing flooding moments where i get n o warning and end up covered in blood so Im reluckdent to go far from home.
I was last at the hospital last week and told to go home and wait another 2 weeks and then they may do something.
My Gp has been good, but I feel I live there at the moment!
My question is has this happened to you?
How long did it go on?
What happened next?
And did you go on to have a baby
This was my 7th pregnancy and I had 4 healthy children my mc 's have not been one after another although this is my second in the past 18 months
Thanks for reading and any advice left

Vikki

Replies

• hi vikki really sorry for your loss, i had 2 mc, one at 16 weeks which was a partial molar pregnancy i bled for nearly 10 weeks with that and like you kept having moment when it would flood out i had scans etc but they said everything was fine and let nature take its course, in the end they put me on norethisterone which i had to take 3 times a day for 10 days and that sorted the problem out, i probably got pregnant again to quickly coz i didnt have a "normal" period before i fell again and i m/c that baby too but i have since gone on to have 2 healthy children. Good luck hope this helps a bit. Hayley xx
  • hi Hayley, thanks for the reply sorry to hear yr losses, ive been on norethisterone plus 2 other types of meds at the same time to stop it and they havent worked, but its nice ?! to know im not alone with this.
    thanks again Vikki x
  • Hi Vikki
    Have been thinking about you and hope things have improved. I have had a really heavy af and only bled for 3days and can't imagine how you must be feeling. It is good that someone else has shared your experience and that you have been reassured by all the scans and medical staff...guess all you can do is take it easy and wait. You are very brave.

The only other thing I have thought about it whether you have acupuncture or something like that??

Chin up
    Love Sian XXX
  • Hi Sian,
    it was nice to hear from you, nothing has changed and im at just short of 9wks post mc, all my meds have finished now and we thought we'd give my body a break from meds for the wkend and go see my Gp next week see what they come up with next.
    I was talking to a friend the other day and she had twin boys just before i found out i was pregnant and shes been telling me that shes bleed for 11 weeks after her delivery and she had her boys by c-section, so im def not the only person to have this happen, which is helpfully but its still getting me down.
    Weve desided to go to london next wkend to visit family and pick up our 2 middle kids, i was really relucdent to go but i cant keep myself in the house all the time Im sure if something happens they will be more than understanding and it is family, so i shall be a reck all next week building up to it and no douth nothing major will happen ( i hope).
    Any way I shall be off, please to hear all is well with u and good luck ttc.
    Vikkixx
  • hi,
    thought id have a quick off load.
    Its Saturday morning and im trying to get on with house work but my heart isnt in it, nothing new there though!.
    My OH isnt due home till later and I dont think hes had a good morning (hes a hgv driver), anyway I should of had my 20 week scan yesterday, i though i was ok, but feel quite down today the fact that the bleeding has started to get heavy again and im starting with stomach cramps again isnt helping.
    Its hard isnt it everywhere you turn there pregnant peolpe or new babys in the shops on the tele, and I know the joy that there feeling and yes im pleased for them but its hard not to be angry, i like to have answer to things but with mc there isnt any is there and no guarenty that all will be ok next time only hope.
    I have in the past been treated a number of times for depression and I wonder if I should see my Gp, maybe i just need to get my body back in controle, I dont know if this over welming triered ness is due to anemia or this dark cloud sitting over me, I dont mean to go on and I read what the other girls are writing and they all seem to be moving on, is it just me and I just in need of a pull yourself togethrer talk?.
    Sorry to go on again!, this is just a brill place to let off steam and know that in away your not taking up someones time, that someone who understands will read this, but then I feel guilty that they maybe have a crap day too n reading this isnt helping.
    On the outside to the world Im ok I look ok and sound ok but inside its a void, the kids go back to school in a few week and people are going to ask how the holidays went, what do I say? be truthfull make them feel uncomfertable or lie?, one half says I should just be truthfull that maybe this would help, but its not fair on people to make them feel in a difficult possition is it?
    Im sorry everyone, give me a glass of wine ( i can have 1 today no meds!!!!) may as well bcause theres not chance of ttc at the moimage., and I shall be ok, could always find a vet?!(family joke).
    God I hope this doesnt depresse you, have a good wkend,
    Thanks for reading and I am sorry to go on
    Vikki image
  • aww hun sorry youre feeling down, i know exactly how you feel, after i lost my baby at 16 weeks it was as tho every where i went people were preggars or had new babies and although i didnt begrudge them i still felt jealous and angry, on the day of what should have been my 20 week scan i was feeling really low and i took my older children to school and there was a woman at school waving her scan photo around (8 weeks at the time) boasting how her b/f didnt want baby so she put holes in the condoms to fall!!!! When she saw me she grabbed the photo away and said "oh i really didnt want to have to tell you" why!!!! did she think she was gonna catch m/c off me or was i gonna snatch her baby when it arrived! i didnt want her baby i wanted mine why cant people understand that? I think it is up to you if you tell anyone or not, you certainly find out who your friends are at a time like this.

I promise you that you will start to move on but for me it took ages and i found it hard to start moving on with the emotional side of things untill the physical side had stopped (i bled for over 8 weeks and was on meds to stop it too) You will get there but it will take time and i know it seems difficult at the moment but it is early days and everything is still so fresh. I still have days where i feel sad but they are fewer and far between (mine was 4 1/2 year ago) and if any one else had said to me at the time that time was a great healer i probably wouldve punched them, but they were right it is. so go with your feelings and if you wanna have a cry or yell or moan then do it, it will help.

Take care Hayley xx
  • Hi Vikki, I'm sorry your having a horrible time, this is a good place to talk about it.
    I can only imagine how you feel, its 5wk since I found out about my mmc,
    I had to have a d&c I bled for 2wks.

I feel better as the weeks have gone on, the first 2wks I didn't want to leave the house & when I did go into town for the first time I had chest pains. The nurse said it sounded like an anxiety attack.
    I still get upset when I talk about it, my neighbour told me she was sorry yesterday. She's had 2 mc 1 at a few wks & 1 at 8mths we were both crying, I'v been surprised at how many people its happens to.

I know what you meen about preg people, their everywhere I go.
    I'v just found out my friend is preg, I thought she might be as she was trying a mth after me. I feel ok now but in a few mths I hope I'm preg as when she gets bigger I think that will upset me.

I hope it wont take much longer for your body to get back to normal. Are you getting plenty of support from your Dr?

Take care, always here to chat
    Love Helen x x
  • Hi Hayley and Helen,
    Thanks for you kind words, thank god for this site!, feel a little better now i had a moan, and took the pup out for a walk.
    I know its tru what u say a bout time been a healer, I had my first mc 13yrs ago at 11wk pregnant, when my now eldest was just 10mths old i went on to have 3 other children with no problems then in Feb06, I had a mc at 6wks and now this mmc at 13ish wks, it strange but the other two time although were hard I recovered from quite quick, having said that my first also led to the breakup of my marraige, we has since got back together and remarried hense the other 3 children!!.
    I think Im finding this one hard to deal with because its the second in 18mths and we thought everything was going so well, I put on the weight had all the signs etc and the children had been told, stupied I know we should of waited till further on but u dont think like that it was such a shock to go for the scan and be told the babys heart wasnt beating, I even joked when I was called into the room that I hated scans because u allways fear the wroste, how true was that.
    So not only have i had to deal with my greef which I put on the back burner i had the children as well and I felt so guilty for them all whys and what happend and where does she go to deal with, weve managed and they all seem to be ok with it, its just me.
    I think because physicaly things are still going on and the meds havent worked so far that im finding it hard to get over its like a constent smack in the face all day everyday, and its draining.
    I know in time things will get better thans what keeps me going, I just feel some moments that I havent the energy to keep on going, but thankyou again for your support it means alot
    Vikki xx
  • Hi Vikki I'm glad your feeling a bit better.
    What kind of puppy have you got?
    I'v got a westie & Lab who went into the garden before, came back covered in mud I'm not joking from top to bottom. Its been pouring down here but I dont know what she'd been doing. Its like having kids with them 2, they drive me mad.

Thats a lovely thing you and hubby getting remarried after a difficult time.
    I would never imagined how my hubby would have coped with something like this. But he was a really good, I spent nearly 3dys in hospital (having pessaries & then d&c) and he wouldn't leave me.
    We only got married in march, but we'v been together 10yrs.

I'm worried about trying again incase it happens again, I know the first few mths I'd be an emotional mess.
    Its something I'll just have to deal with as I want a baby so much.

Helen x x

:\)
  • hi Helen,
    Im glad your finding support from yr OH, when I had my first mc i was 19 newly married with a 10mth old and living away frm all my family as my OH was in the army and they wouldnt let him have time off with me so I think all these things added up and we just couldnt deal with it all.
    Anyway, my pup is a 14 week old springer crossed with a cocker spaniel, Brummel hes a nutcase!, Ive got him to breed with my cocker spaniel Millie who is 20mths old and she is a really calm quite dog untill Brummel is let out then all hell breaks lose it like my middle two fighting and messing about and mud yes I know what u mean turn yr back for 1min and there covered!, I think all peolpe who plan to have kids should be given a puppy for a couple of weeks!!!.
    On top of those I also have an 8yrold german shephard and Im looking after my mothers 14yr old springer spaniel, so a bit of a mad house at the moment, mind u Im without my middle two children at the mo as there away with Grandma in London for 3 weeks, so its quite calm and quiet at the moment lol!!!.
    Anyway there you go, my OH is due home soon and were off out to get a nice bottle of wine to go with dinner so Id best clean up the kid, n dogs!
    Bye for now
    Vikki
  • hi vikki know what you mean about feeling bad for the children , both my children knew about the m/c they were 7 and 3 at the time, the 3 year old didnt really understand too much although she does still refer to her baby sister now and the 7 year old was devastated, i will never forget the look on his face he just said ok and i turned round to go out of his room then i turned round and looked at him and he had his face in his hands and he was sobbing, i felt so guilty coz as a mum i should ve been able to protect him against this. then on christmas day he was in his bed crying coz it shoulve been her first chrismas and again i felt bad for him.

its not stupid to tell them and i feel that even though they were both upset at what happened it taught them a valuable lesson and i also hope that if ever it happens to anyone they know when they are older they will be able to face them and offer comfort and not just ignore them or deliberately avoid them which is what a lot of people did to me.
  • Hi all,
    went back to the Dr yesterday, she wasnt happy so she phone hospital again and I had to go see them again!.
    Out come off it all........ not alot!, proded and poked again, scanned and told I still have a blood clot sitting there, said i might name it since its desided to move in and set up home!, it's half the size it was but there isn't anything they can do for me, no more meds etc.
    So home ive come, they told me as well that all the meds i was on only delays the process! great eh there i was thinking the med were helping the bleeding finish only to be told nope it just slows everything down, which has made me feel just great!.
    They have now said "we HOPE evrything will have stopped and gone by next month go home and come back then". So worst case(ha) im looking at another month of bleeding to contend with, im also at risk of some heavy bleeding and flooding because the clot is still there.
    So strangly im hoping to have a bad couple of days with heavy flooding and hopefully get it all over with.
    I did talk to my Dr about how I feel but she just said wait till all this is finished and come back to me and see how you feel then, I dont know if this is helpfull or not, guess i shall just see how it goes.
    Well anyway best be off, pup needs some attention after been without me all day yest!.
    hope yr all keeping well
    Vikki xx
  • hi vikki sorry to say this but i think your dr is basically crap, how dare they keep sending you home to get on with it! If they can see a clot on the scan then surely they should have you in for a d and c because after more than 8 weeks that should be gone and could be a source of infection not to mention what it is doing to your state of mind, how are you supposed to stat to move on with the constant reminder of what has happened and not daring to go out of the house just incase you start to flood. what they are doing is fobbing you off, i would go back and keep going back till they do something, can you see another dr who maybe has more of a clue?
  • Hi Hayley,
    I know how you feel about been fobbed off, its not my Gp that isnt or hasnt done anything she has been good chasing the hospital its the consultant thats crap!.
    I did discuse the option of surgry but there is a big risk of them doing damage if they go in and do a d&c, because trying to get hold of a clot is like trying go get hold of jelly!, Its in away my own fault if Id of agreed to surgery when I first had my scan with the mmc then maybe none of this would of happened and I was coming round to it but nature desided to go it alone!.
    Its true I cant move on at the moment ,once all this stops my hormones are going to kick in and god knows what I'll be like, Ive been a complete reck this wkend and today my brain doesnt seem to be conected to the rest of me! its like i cant think clearly about anything even trying to make a cup of tea is seeming to go wrong!.
    My OH bless him is been great I was giving him a hard time closing him out but hes kept on coming back to get me to open up, Hes a long distant lorry driver and usually away all wk but hes told his boss he wants to be home every nite, which makes me feel guilty but I dont know what Id be like by the end of the wk if I didnt see him.
    So there you go, the waiting games goes on,im due for bloods on thursday and I may go back n see my Gp let her know whats gone on, she hasnt even had any feed back frm my last hospital appointment and scan nearly 2wks ago, not on is it really.
    So watch this space.............
    Vikki x
  • Hi Hayley,
    I know how you feel about been fobbed off, its not my Gp that isnt or hasnt done anything she has been good chasing the hospital its the consultant thats crap!.
    I did discuse the option of surgry but there is a big risk of them doing damage if they go in and do a d&c, because trying to get hold of a clot is like trying go get hold of jelly!, Its in away my own fault if Id of agreed to surgery when I first had my scan with the mmc then maybe none of this would of happened and I was coming round to it but nature desided to go it alone!.
    Its true I cant move on at the moment ,once all this stops my hormones are going to kick in and god knows what I'll be like, Ive been a complete reck this wkend and today my brain doesnt seem to be conected to the rest of me! its like i cant think clearly about anything even trying to make a cup of tea is seeming to go wrong!.
    My OH bless him is been great I was giving him a hard time closing him out but hes kept on coming back to get me to open up, Hes a long distant lorry driver and usually away all wk but hes told his boss he wants to be home every nite, which makes me feel guilty but I dont know what Id be like by the end of the wk if I didnt see him.
    So there you go, the waiting games goes on,im due for bloods on thursday and I may go back n see my Gp let her know whats gone on, she hasnt even had any feed back frm my last hospital appointment and scan nearly 2wks ago, not on is it really.
    So watch this space.............
    Vikki x
  • Hi,
    Just thought i drop a note to let u know, Hurray put out the flags ! ive stopped bleeding
    Vikkixx
  • aww so pleased for you it must be such a relief at last.