Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Labour bag

Hi all,

I've got a week off and thought I would pack my bags for hospital. I've read lots of different articles but if I take everything they advise I'll need a suitcase .

Can anyone give me any advice from previous births please?

Thanks,

Wendy

Replies

• hi wendybell

for u.. 2 nighties, 1 to give birth in and 1 4 afters, dressing gown and slippers for wandering about, 4-5 pairs of knickers, lots of maternity pads, ur usual washbag like soap, shampoo etc, breat pads, comfy set of clothes to go home in, bottle of water and sum biscuits to keep yr energy up, a walkman or a book is sumtimes gd to help take yr mind off pain....

for baby... 2 vests,2 babygrows, nappies, hat, scratch mitts, cotton wool, blanket, car seat.

thats wot i took last time and i had enough, hope that helps hun gd luck xxxx
  • There is a good list on the Mothercare brochure. As long as you have what you need for labour - drinks, energy tablets, food for oh, first clothes for baby, night dress, stuff for a bath afterwards. if you forget anything your oh can always go home and get it after the birth.
  • Hi

I would take flip flops or crocs for in the shower, anti bac wipes to clean round where you eat, the toilet and sink, anti bac hand lotion as there maybe none in the labour ward. Im not germ obsessed but I dont think you can be too careful in hospital! The most important thing is your camera, oh and clothes that will fit to come home in - I took my pre pregnancy jeans, how deluded I was!! Jo x
  • Hi

I would take flip flops or crocs for in the shower, anti bac wipes to clean round where you eat, the toilet and sink, anti bac hand lotion as there maybe none in the labour ward. Im not germ obsessed but I dont think you can be too careful in hospital! The most important thing is your camera, oh and clothes that will fit to come home in - I took my pre pregnancy jeans, how deluded I was!! Jo x

I went stocked with floor wipes, bathroom wipes and hand wipes second time round this time just took some of the bugs away wipes...
    Do not forget batteries for camera..