Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Miscarriage

Hi there, I had my first miscarriage on new years day this year at 8 weeks then I had a second miscarriage at 9 weeks on May 21st.We have now decided to try again and although my period isn't due until next Friday I think I have fallen pregnant.I'm really tired, feeling sick and my partner says I'm having mood swings!I'm not at all confident and think that it is going to happen again although there is no reasons(I'm only 25!)This would be my first baby with my fiancee and he does not have any other children, I have 2 who are 8 and 2 and he is brilliant with them and I feel so guilty for not being able to carry his child! My gp says I can be referred to a consultant if I've had 3 miscarriages, so here goes, maybe it will be third time lucky? Does anyone have any similar experiences?
Clair xx

Replies

• Hi Clair
    Sorry for your loss.
    I found out I'd had a MMC on 12th July 07 at 11wks 2dys.
    I'm 28yrs old I'v been with OH 10yrs, we got married 31st March 07 & tried for our 1st baby right away.
    I felt so lucky we got preg straight away & was so devastated when we lost them ( found out at scan there were 2).

I'm also due AF friday, when I was preg last time I had tight stretchy pains & I think I can feel them now. I dont want to read too much in it & be dissapointed if AF arrives. I'm going to wait till sat morn to test if AF hasn't arrived. If I am I'll be so scared but I guess I'll have to take each day at a time.

Good Luck, fingers crossed for us both
    Helen x x x
  • Hi

sorry to hear about your 2 miscarriages, we have no children and became pregnant last september we had a miscarrige at 8 weeks then i fell pregnant this feb but we found out our baby didn't have heart beat at 20 weeks, we had the chnace to hold our beautiful daughter and say goodbye. we are trying again it does make you worried for next time but i think you just need to take every day at a time.
    lt us know how you get on

take care

A:\)
  • Thank you Helen and A,
    It helps knowing that it's not just me and I'd convinced myself that it was something I was doing wrong - for me, it's all I can think of and keep thinking it's my fault and finding ways to blame myself. I made my doctor blood test me for everything and convinced myself that the tests would show something was wrong and that would be an explanation and I was devestated when I got a clean bill of health (how ironic)!
    I know I'm so, so lucky to have 2 children already and I do count my blessings everyday but somehow the fact that I have had 2 healthy pregnancies before somehow makes it harder for me to accept and understand.
    Good luck to both of you, I wish you both all of the luck in the world.
    Clair xx
  • Hi Clair

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know its hard and you will be terrified just now. I am in a similar situation to you, only ever so slightly older! (I'm 40). I have 2 beautiful daughters from my first marriage and I had a miscarriage in between them. I remarried last June and we started ttc straight away. I fell pregnant in Dec, but sadly had a mmc in Feb at 11 1/2 wks, although scan revealed baby died at 8+5. We tried again and I fell pregnant after 1 period, sadly lost this baby at 12 1/2 wks but scan told us baby had died at 9+1. We had, had a scan at 8.5 wks and everything was fine - so was heartbroken. My dr advised to try straight away because of my age (not getting any younger...)fell pregnant after 1 period again and I'm now 6+3 and very nervous but also extremely hopefull. I have an apt with gynae dr in Oct when I'll be 11 wks, having a scan at 10 wks this time so hopefully everything will be great then and no need to see gynae dr.

I understand exactly how you are feeling - you have 2 children already and can't understand what's wrong? You oh probably feels guilty too - I know mine did, thinking it was something wrong with him as he doesn't have kids.

As long as you are looking after yourself and not putting your self under any undue stress, there is nothing more you can do - just keep your fingers and toes crossed and take it easy - don't beat yourself up.

I had a bit of hope at the weekend when I saw a tarot card reader (I know some people think its rubbish) and he said everything is going to be ok this time, he didn't tell me what it would be although he knew, but he said he wouldn't give me false hope if he wasn't certain. He got so many other things spot on - I'm keeping this bit of hope.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get a +ve test and everything goes well, wishing you lots of love and luck
    Jac
    xxx
  • Sorry to hear about your loss.
    I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant after a m/c last year, but I do have a friend who has had 2-3 miscarriages before going on to have 2 beautiful children so I hope that gives you some hope for hte future.

Please don't feel guilty - its not your fault..

Best of luck for healthy babies to you, helen and jacmac
    xxx
  • Sorry to hear about your loss.
    I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant after a m/c last year, but I do have a friend who has had 2-3 miscarriages before going on to have 2 beautiful children so I hope that gives you some hope for hte future.

Please don't feel guilty - its not your fault..

Best of luck for healthy babies to you, helen and jacmac
    xxx
  • Thank you everybody, I do feel much better about things now. Fingers crossed for a positive tomorrow! Good luck to all of you, thank you so much again especially jacmac.
  • Hi Just wondered how you are?
  • Hi, 2 negative tests so far but am now officially 1 day late, so fingers crossed! Thank you so much for asking! I feel really queasy but don't know if that's just how I want to feel(if that makes sense?) Will keep you posted, hope your well?
    Take care
    Clair xx
  • Hi

I know what you mean i felt sick this month then still had period, i wish you all the best. kep us posted.

A x
  • Hi Clair
    My AF came on thurs unfortunately, I was upset at 1st but feel a bit better now. Guess we'll just have to keep trying.

I hope AF stays away & you get a BFP soon
    lots of luck
    Helen x x
  • Clair - I hope you've had good news, thinking of you.

Helen - I'm sorry you didn't get good news this month, keep your chin up and keep trying. Fingers crossed for next month for you.

Lots of love
    Jac
    xxx
  • Hi Jac
    Thanks, fingers crossed its this mth.

I hope your feeling well, is it 2wks till your scan? I'm sure it will fly by.

Take Care
    Love Helen x x