Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Question for CRILLY..x

Hi hun.. hope you dont mind me asking you a question.
I have been reading your earlier posts, and i see you found out at 20 wks about having twins.. congrats by the way!!..
Can i ask if that was your 1st scan? Just wondered if you had a 12 weeks scan too, but they just hadnt picked up that it was twins???
Just wondering if its common for the scans not to see them at 12 weeks, but do later on??
Thanks hun.. hope your feeling well
caz xx

Replies

• Hi magicmonica,
    I dont think its possible not to see that they are too babies, I had 12 weeks scan and it was obvious that there are 2 babies.She told me that they are in separate amniotic sacs. I am expecting non identical twins , I am 33 weeks plus 4 pregnant. Are you expecting twins???
  • Hi magicmonica,
    I dont think its possible not to see that they are too babies, I had 12 weeks scan and it was obvious that there are 2 babies.She told me that they are in separate amniotic sacs. I am expecting non identical twins , I am 33 weeks plus 4 pregnant. Are you expecting twins???
  • There have been occasions when the 12 week scan has missed twins, usually because one is hiding behind the other but I don't think it happens very often
  • probably when they are in one amniotic sac there is higher possibility....