Forum home General Chat General chat

fedup with pushchairs

Okay I could use some advice. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and anothe babe on the way. I am also the proud owner of three pushchairs. Two which are broken, and one which feels like you are pushing a boulder up a hill. I need a new pushchair but I am feeling very disillusioned and don't know whether to buy cheap and be unhappy. But accept that it's cheap and I'm going to be unhappy. Or buy expensive and place my last bit of hope that there is actually a good pushchair out there. I have sat envious of all these women who claim to love their pushchiars, but all mine fight me, break, and are a constant sorce of disappointment. I need something sturdy, really sturdy. That pushes easily because frankly the one I'm using now would be easier to push with out the wheels. I need it to last as we want more children, and yet it needs to hold up against the ones we have. It needs to fit in the boot of a car, though I do a ton of walking, lots off road. It wouls be nice if it could carry two children, but if not could it please steer easy enough with one hand that I could hold a small child's hand. Oh and we do a lot of travelling, so it needs to live through probably 6 to 8 flights worth of baggage handlers every year. I am asking way too much aren't I.

Anyhow my apologies about the rant, where I was going was does anyone have any recommendations. I was looking at the phil and teds. They look lovely and have lots of gret features. But at that price I need it to survive. image

Any phil and ted owners out there? Is it worth the money?

Thank you

Replies

• I have a Phil and Teds pushchair and can honestly say I love it to bits! We've had it for almost three years now as I got it when my first lo was born as we knew we wanted to have more children. It really has lasted well and we have never had ne problems with it (apart from 1 puncture which we repaired). They are expensive to start with but we have definatley had our moneys worth as it's still going strong! Very easy to steer, does'nt feel like a double pushchair as it's not very wide. They fold up quite small aswell. I used to have a corsa and it fit in the boot of that as the wheels come off easily. I would definately recomend this pushchair to anyone with 2 small children or even somebody with one child who was thinking of having more in the future.
    Hope this is of some help and good luck. All you have to do now is decide which colour you want it in?! x x x
  • Also you can get a travel bag for it esspecially for trips abroad to protect it and stop things from getting lost off of it.
    And there is a strap which my lo holds on to when she wants to walk or she holds on to the buggy, but yes it is poss to steer it with one hand. I would say the only draw back is the fact the shopping basket is'nt big enough for me but you can get panier bags which attach to the sides of the pushchair, so they really have thought of everything!!
    We also live 'out in the sticks' and it has been on many a country walk through the woods and survived!! It has not gone 'rickerty' after all this time as many pushchairs seem to do after a while.
    I've also got on the bus and train with it too and it was relatively easy to get it on and off. Right I'm gona stop going on now. As you can see I'm in love with my pushchair and I'm sounding a bit sad! x x

[Modified by: Sarah21 on September 28, 2007 09:41 PM]

[Modified by: Sarah21 on September 28, 2007 09:42 PM]
  • Hello, I have 2 pushchairs and they are such a struggle to get up hills and hard to control especially with 1 hand! I have never heard of phil and ted pushchairs? Where do you get them? please help x
  • Hi Fiona. We got ours online at kiddiecare.com. But you can also get them in Mothercare or secondhand on Ebay. x x x
  • Hello again,

The best price for the phil and teds that I have found is from www.baby2k.com. It includes the single pushchair, the doubles kit, the double raincover, and a tire care and repair kit for ??377.00.

Thank you for your advice Sarah, I think I will go ahead and make the purchase. I really hope to fall in love with my new pushchair presently image
  • Hi Abeasley. Glad you decided to go ahead and join the Phil and Teds club! lol!!!
    That sounds like a good price!! Ours was 299 from Kiddiecare.com and came with a raincover and cocoon. We brought the second seat seperatly in Jan this year ready for the new arrival!.
    Enjoy your new pushchair and hope you love it as much as I do!! Sarah x x x
  • Glad to hear you decided on a phil & ted. I think you'll love it. I absolutely love mine I just wish I'd got it 1st time round instead of the mamas & papas travel system that was anightmare to push as soon as the baby reached about 6months which by that stage it had also grown out of the car seat!!

Good luck
    Hilary x