Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

newbie needin advice

i started a new job 7 weeks ago after havin 2yrs off to look after my dd wel i found out i was pg the week after n as you can imagine they were not to impressed but i carried on workin my 33 hours a week over 3 days but over the last few weeks they have started makin me feel very unwelcome n call me into the office over the littleset things i am a nursery nurse n work in a day nursery i look after the kids the way i want jess to be cared for well i was signed off last week for sciatica n have felt so relieved at not havin to go in now im meant to go back tuesday the thought is bringin me to tears i dont know wether to stay n put myself thru this or leave n survive like we have done for the last 2 yrs on dps wage n try n get temp work til baby is born then childmind what would u do?

Replies

• big decission hun, have u talked to oh about it?
    if u r gonna feel really bad and stressed maybe leave if u can afford to do that otherwise u could stick it out as things might start to improve, childminding is a great idea as u would be earning and not have to leave lo
    sorry not much help hun, i hope u manage to work something out. xx
  • df says i can leave n he will get overtime at work until he gets his other job n more money its not so much we can afford it but we can get buy things have got worse instead of improve whch is why im now thinkin of leavin plus jess seems to be clingy to me more know i work 3 days then she has ever been she cried the other mornin when i went to work really dont think i can do it to her any more
  • i think maybe ur mind is made up hun, seems things will be much easier if u leave and u really dont need loads of stress when ur preggers, if its not a prob for df then i reckon u should bugger the job and concentrate on enjoying ur pregnancy image xx
  • I actually went thru sumfin very similar and I would say leave. I stuck at it for over a year my boss bullied me she was horrible- like you I was called in her office every day about one thing or another......she even reprimanded me for being too friendly to our customers!!!

You could try talking to your boss- be firm but not rude and just say you feel as if you are being singled out and even just put it to her in such a way as is there anything the matter with the work I do?? If she says no then I would just tell her the stress u r feeling but don't mention leaving at this point. From her response you can gauge whether to take the conversation any further or if you are wasting your time.

Don't put up with this you are pregnant and the last thing you need is stress. You could look for another job in the meantime, even if just for a few hours a week-maybe you could work round your husbands hours then you wouldn't have to leave lo with childminder.

I hope for your sake you get this sorted out
  • thanks girls im currently signed off by the doctor at the mo as im sufferin with sciatica so will see how things go when i get back to work but im glad that even strangers say the same as my family was beginning to think they were just tryin to protect me
  • thanks girls im currently signed off by the doctor at the mo as im sufferin with sciatica so will see how things go when i get back to work but im glad that even strangers say the same as my family was beginning to think they were just tryin to protect me