Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Babybond Gender Scan

i would like to know the sex of my baby i i,m not sure wither to have a gender scan
has anybody else had one a babybond is it worth the money

Replies

• I know someone who went to babybond and they said it was superb but also heard someone say they went, spent all that money and it didn't turn out - sorry i'm not much help
  • Hiya, I had a gender scan a few weeks ago with BabyBond London - we were too impatient to wait for our NHS anomoly scan at 22wks!

It cost ??80 and was well worth the money - the people & facilities are really nice. Luckily our baby was obliging and showed off all his bits straight away, but they'll happily give you plenty of time to get him/her moving if bump isn't facing the right way when you first go in. Also, if bump won't oblige at all you don't lose your money, you can go back another day.

I'd definately recommend them & we're going back in a few weeks for our 4D scan. Hope this helps xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/KmfHp1/.png

• thanx 4 your help
  • I'm on no3 and have 2 girls so went for gender scan at babybond Livingston Scotland. Was really happy to find out that it was a boy. Was a bit disappointed that it cost ??80 and basically went in to the room and came out less than 5 mins later with a couple of scan photos - nothing different from NHS scan except they told me sex of baby and gave me 5 picsinstead of one. Took less time and didnt really get much conversation from mw doing scan. Dont know what I expected but overall if u want to know the sex then its good idea.
  • Where is it you stay? I had a 2d bonding scan in Edinburgh with a company called babes in the womb, they made the whole experience special and I would deffo recomend them! We even went back a few weeks ago for a 4d scan, I have put a video of the dvd on my bebo page if you want a look www.bebo.com/amyi3
  • High babydevil - I'm in Bathgate so we used Babybond in livingston. As I say it was worth it to find out sex but thats all. Where are you?
  • Im actually in Elgin in the north of Scotland but I have sooo much family in Armadale and Bathgate!! Edinburgh or Livingston is the nearest place to us for private scans, its rubbish lol When you due? Im due on the 15th Dec
  • Hi babydeveil, I'm due 12 Nov but booked in for planned section on 2nd (ended up with c sections for other two so this time its elective).

My family all in West Lothian apart from one sister who is in Australia.

Is this baby no 1? Do you know if its boy or girl or keeping it a secret?
  • Good luck with the section! Im waiting to see if that is what the consultant has planned for me as Im allergic to a lot of drugs, I would like to try a natural birth but we'll see what happens.
    This is my first and I really don't have a clue what to expect Ive done all the reading I can do so guess I just have to find out for myself. Im having a girl, do you know what your having?
    Amy xxx
  • Good luck with the section! Im waiting to see if that is what the consultant has planned for me as Im allergic to a lot of drugs, I would like to try a natural birth but we'll see what happens.
    This is my first and I really don't have a clue what to expect Ive done all the reading I can do so guess I just have to find out for myself. Im having a girl, do you know what your having?
    Amy xxx
  • This time its a boy which is really nice as have 2 girls. WOuldnt have bothered one way or theother though as had MC last yr and I think when you lose one you just happy that baby is healthy.

I'm sure your labour will be fine - if they let you. If I had my way I would have natural birth too but too much danger of scar rupture. Tried twice and it didnt happen so just nd to put up with the restrictions afterwards!
  • We had a gender scan at babybond in kent, again like the others it cost 80 pounds and altough he had his legs crossed he soon started showing off his little bits. I already have one son and really wanted to prepare for the impending arrival!
    I thought i would feel disappointment having another boy but as soon as we came out we went shopping and bought some blue bits and it really helped me with bonding and knowing I have a little boy growing inside.
    Due boxing day. Good luck all! x
  • Hi Girls

I'm in the same position - I have just booked a gender scan with Baby Bond in Newcastle for Monday 5th November at 10:15am I had a scan at NHS and baby just wouldn't show us, what it was. Little tinker image

I'll let you know how it goes xx