Forum home General Chat General chat

Need your ideas

Hi all

My best friends baby is one in December and I want to buy her something different for her 1st birthday not clothes or a toy as it is close to her first Christmas and she is gonna get loads of things.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Annette

Replies

• One of the nicest things I got was a terramundi pot. Its basically a bank but it has no opening to get the money out. You are supposed to wait until it is full then smash it and use old pot like flower pot or something then start again with a new one. Sounds a bit wierd but they are really nice and come in loads of different colours/ designs like 40th/ shoe fund etc so you can buy them for just about any occassion. As she's only 1 it would be a nice keepsake. I Think Hallmark do them but have a look en ebay for an idea of what they are like.

xx
  • I got a tree planted in the National Forest for my cousins little one. Bit of an old hippy at heart, me! They get invited to the planting ceremony (not obligatory) you can chose from a range of trees and get a certificate etc. I liked the idea of something growing as Rosie grows too....
    If you are interested you can just Google it, there are loads of similar options...
    Tracey
    40 + 12 days....
  • This is a bit unoriginal after those ideas but what about a really special book of nursery rhymes and fairy stories? You can write a dedicatio in the front of it and it'll be something special she can kep for years. Just thinking that I have some hardback books with gorgeous illustrations that I was given as a young un by Godparents and I really treasure them. Might not be what you were thinking though. The tree idea is pretty cool image xxx
  • the tree idea is v cool. my lo and a friends lo are both 1 in december, costly month. on the subject of xmas rather than birthday, in tesco i got little miss christmas and mr christmas books. i thought they were great and make good gifts.
  • Thanks all for those ideas, i will get googling.

Annette
  • My sister had one of those SB! I was soo jealous. lol! Forgot you could get those. I'm going to have a look at those sites. Good idea for Christmas pressies. x
  • i had 'me, snow white and the seven dwarfs' it had my address in and my sisters/dogs name. i love it!
  • i had 'me, snow white and the seven dwarfs' it had my address in and my sisters/dogs name. i love it!
  • sorry! slow computer at mo didnt think it had gone through
  • oh you can also get those books made where the child is the hero/heroine?!

I have one of those from when I was little. I tried google and there are loads of sites which do them - a few below

http://www.storybookstars.co.uk/

http://www.cleverbooks.co.uk/?gclid=CKP7s_aVo48CFQ3tlAodbiyWVw

http://www.starstories.co.uk/

Put personalised story books in google and you get loads!!!

What a brilliant idea, I didn't know you could get these thank you.

Annette