Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pains in chest and left arm

Recently I have been getting pains in my chest and back with a dull ache in my left arm which had been worrying me a bit so I went to see my midwife and GP. My GP said that I had normal blood pressure etc and all seemed fine and I was probably just being squashed by the baby now. I woke up last night at 3.30pm which really bad pains and phoned the out of hours doctor who just said that it wasn't anything to worry about as I wasn't sweating or feeling sick and so wasn't heart related and was more likely to be severe indigestion and to take some Maalox and drink some milk and sit up for a while.
I have woken up again this morning still with this pain deep in my arm and twinges in my chest and I don't know what to do? I just don't feel that my arm feels right and now I am making myself anxious wondering what it is.
I've actually had this pain before quite a few years ago and got sent for a heart x-ray but it all came back normal.

Has anyone else experienced this? What should I do? I feel a nuisance to ring them again but they've already told me its nothing but I don't feel right! :\(

Replies

• sorry to hear how your feeling. I cant say ive ever had that. Could it be trapped nerves? If your worrying I would call your docs again, thats what they are there for in the end of the day. Hope you feel better soon
  • Is your hospital anywhere near you? My feeling is that you wont settle until you have been properly checked out - I'd be the same. If you present yourself at hospital complaining of chest pain, they'll be obliged to check you out and that way at least you'll get peace of mind.

Hope you feel better soon.

Gill x
  • I'm with gmac on this one dings - get yourself down to a+e and sit until your checked - maybe just trapped nerves or muscle damage but better to be safe than sorry.

Hope you feel better soon
    xx
    Tricia
  • Has anyone heard from Dings since Saturday?

Hope everything is ok.

Gill x