Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

What advice would you give for girls just finishing the pill

I'm now entering third month of ttc. (which is cool)

Reading daily, as i do, i notice so many of the same posts coming through week by week and some of them i really note as something i would have posted when i first came off the pill. And now i feel really like i was quite naive and ignorant to comment s that i may NOT have liked reading - i.e expect to NOT get pregnant first time around etc.

Just so some of our new girls can take some advice what would yours be? and what experiences etc have you had which were similar to others.

For me! My advice would be - stay relaxed!! dont stress and enjoy bding!!
My experiences after coming off the pill:

Hot flushes
Off Food completely
Extreme fatigue
dizziness
mood swings
cramps
Lateness of a.f (extremely common) - had a withdrawal a/f within days of finishing and then 49 days for next a/f to arrive!

I hope this helps some girlies out

xxx

Replies

• Hi - Kinda helps, though I have asked specific questions about the mini-pill and would love some answers.

While I was on the mini-pill my periods continued every month (At one point the doctor was concerned I wasn't protected as apparently they should have stopped) So now I am unsure about what to expect. Seeing as I was bleeding regularly anyway I was thinking that I'll just get my period as normal.

I haven't really noticed anything stranger than usual since I came off the mini-pill though. I was bleeding unexpectadly (A week early) before I came off it.
  • oooh! good point! im not too switched on with the mini pill but surely like the PILL PILL it prevents ovulation... so for you wouldnt it just mean your little eggies would start doing there stuff again...

Maybe for you, its a matter of flushing the pill out of your system, so i guess in a way your similar to the combined pill girls where its a matter of your body readjusting to 'normality' and working on its own?

IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE LOL

xxx
  • Hi, I'm still relatively new but came off the pill (femulen) over 18 months ago. I'd previously been on microgynon and AF continued as normal always coming on same day like clockwork. Doctors put me on femulen after blood pressure went up and straight away AF stopped until afew months before I stopped taking it when they mysteriously reappeared. When I stopped pill AF continued but has never been as regular as it used to be so I don't know if this is normality now or if one day it'll go back to being like clockwork.

• the mini pill works differently.

it doesn't always stop Ovulation. Online it says this...

"The mini-pill does not always stop the ovary releasing an egg each month (ovulation). It thickens the fluid (mucus) at the neck of the womb (cervix) which makes it hard for sperm to travel through. The mini-pill also makes the lining of the womb less likely to accept a fertilised egg.".

So I am guessing because I was getting a period (You don't take a break with the Mini-pill) I was still ovulating the whole 8 months I was taking it!
  • Hi, I'm still relatively new but came off the pill (femulen) over 18 months ago. I'd previously been on microgynon and AF continued as normal always coming on same day like clockwork. Doctors put me on femulen after blood pressure went up and straight away AF stopped until afew months before I stopped taking it when they mysteriously reappeared. When I stopped pill AF continued but has never been as regular as it used to be so I don't know if this is normality now or if one day it'll go back to being like clockwork.

femulen is a mini-pill , right? I was on Microgynon for a while too image

• ooooooooooh the mini pill is crazy! and also risky! i wonder how many ladies have fallen on the mini pill?

But i guess its a little better for the body because it doesnt MESS you up soo bad... all in all, its just our bodies trying to adjust without an aid? if you get my drift.

• Yeah - I wish it was as simple as just coming off and getting pregnant LOL. Silly thing is we spend years trying not to get pregnant and then months (or weeks or years!) stressing about not getting pregnant!
  • Yes I think femulen is mini pill but to be honest all I was bothered about was knowing what I was taking would stop me getting pregant. Like you say it's ironic we spend years worrying about that and now we're stressing trying to get pregnant!
    Leanne