Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

scan date through!

YAY!

Finally got the letter about when my first scan is and I am so so so so excited!

The appointment is Mon 19th Nov @ 3pm, when I will be exactly 12 weeks by my LMP date.

yay!

Though I am so scared that they will tell me Eggbert has died inside me - I keep having nightmares along these lines. As much as I know the most likely thing to happen is that we will see little Eggbert wiggling away, there is a big part of me that knows it could still all go horribly wrong.

Only 17 days to wait - hopefully that shouldn't be too hard for little old impatient me!

x

http://bd.lilypie.com/Pbnap1/.png

Replies

• i felt just the same and couldnt even look at first, id convinced myself that bean had died or was never even there!!! as soon as i saw my oh smile i looked and started crying!!! its such a lovely moment. enjoy it. eggbert is cool!
  • Eggbert is our name for this little one - my hubby keeps telling me he's going to be called Egbert when he's born (cos obvy it's a boy). I am almost certain he's pulling my leg!

I can't wait for that first moment of seeing Eggy - it must be so magical. But after a m/c in June, I am finding it hard to accept this is really happening.

Thanks for your support,,
    x
    http://bd.lilypie.com/Pbnap1/.png

• After a mc in October last year, I found out I was pg again in December and although I had a scan at 7 weeks, I was still convinced that Bean wouldn't survive and that I'd go for my 12 week scan to find that there was nothing there. When the day finally arrived I was so scared I was sick! I couldn't look at the screen either until the sonographer said 'aren't you going to look at your baby?!' I turned to look at the screen and when I saw the little heart beating away I cried with happiness! Poppy is now almost 8 weeks old.
    I know it's easier said than done but try to relax, Eggy will be fine and you'll be over the moon!
    Take care
    xx
  • oh I was wondering about this just this morning - so pleased you have the date through and I hope it is the most magical moment for you both!

AS you say hopefully 17 days isn't too long to wait!
  • hullo!!!!!!

wowey!

thats so fab, everything will be fine, and if eggbert could wave he will be on the 19th.
    it's only 16 days now, see one gone already! not much longer.

xxx