Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Food Query

Hi all
i am currently 8 weeks and have been looking at the menu for the work xmas meal one of the puddings contains mascaponie(sp) i a sure i have read somewhere to avoid this am i right??

I had a quick look on the foods to avoid page but couldn't see it.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    You can have mascaponi cheese, its perfectly safe.
  • Options
    hey airliebird. unfortunatly i think you will find its a big fat no no! its like blue cheese with mould i was told image
  • Options
    oh maybe i was wrong.... oops! bloody waitress lied to me!
  • Options
    Thanks
    Though i would prob be a no as its soft and don't really want to take any chances this time.

Had 2 m/c this year.

Prob go for something else instead.
  • Options
    Its a sweet desert cheese, you deffo can have it. Its only if its a mouldy cheese like stilton or camemberg you cant have it. Most soft cheeses are fine its no different from eating philidelphia.
  • Options
    Thanks baby devil i find all the different information confusing as it all seems to contradict each other.
  • Options
    I understand it can be a mind field out there. Good luck with your pregnancy hun xxx image
  • Options
    Thanks babydevil

Love the picture by the way
  • Options
    Hi, I was a bit concerned by babydevils' advice that 'most soft cheeses are fine' - Philadelphia can be eaten during preganancy due to this info from their website:
    "I am pregnant can I eat Philadelphia?
    Philadelphia is a pasteurised product. Pregnant women are advised not to eat un-pasteurised cheese."
    You shouldn't eat Brie, Roule, Camembert & many other lovely soft cheeses if they are not pasteurised.
    Check out http://se.babycenter.com/pregnancy/nutrition/foodsafety/cheeseexpert
    for more info - it lists them all. If in doubt don't eat it!
    Hope this helps!
    x
  • Options
    Hi all,

i was told / have read mascapone is fine too.