Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Due Date confusion!!!!

:\? My Doc. told me that my u/s shows i will have my baby 9 days early.Does that mean she was wrong on my due date or that my baby is just growing faster and will be due earlier? Help

Replies

• Thats a strange one I think u need to av a talk with ur Dr about wat this means. Either way nine days isn't a huge amount of time and as long as ur baby is born happy n healthy i shouldn't think that it will make that much difference. k x
  • I was certain I was due on 14th January as I know the exact date the baby was conceived but at 12 week scan they said 10th January. 4 days isnt a great difference so im not worried. I know of women who have had 3 different due dates so dont worry, your baby will come along when its ready. Only 5% of babies are born on their due date, especially for first timers.
  • Some times they can get the dates wrong. I think they measure the babies and judge from there.but all babies are different sizes.i think your baby will come when he/she is ready.
  • when i was pregnant with my first baby i always mesured bigger at antinatels then my dates said, i had my baby at 38weeks,
    mabie you should ask about it,i dunno if cause your baby is bigger you will have baby earlyer i never even thought about it when i was pregnant last time,althought at 37week antinatal doc did say he didnt think he would see me at next one and he was right,

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev099pr___.png

• I've got 2 due dates - both which I've ignored as I'm more likely to give birth after my stitches are removed anyway!
  • how far along are you? dating scans are only accurate between 12-16 weeks babys grow at completly different rates before and after this . Usually they wont change your due date after 16 weeks if the baby was large (more than a week difference) they would usually suggest a gtt test to test for gestational diabetes, unless you already have diabetes that is which could cause the baby to be a little bigger. however 9 days isnt a really big amount i went 2 weeks over with my first and she was still only 6 pound 9 lol.

gem 32 weeks. ive had the hour gt and the three hour gt and both came back fine..thats what they were thinking.but i was happy that it come back fine.right now they have her weighing 4 pds. which 2 me is normal if you read the books they give you" What to expect when expecting" .She made the comment just b/c she will be born 9 days earlier dont mean she will be mature!!! like you said 9 days isn't that much off.
  • Try not to worry coz I'm in a similar position. My due date is 26th Nov & I know that it is correct because I was using ovulation sticks while trying to conceive. When I went for my booking scan they said that the due date was 18th November which is 8 days earlier than my original due date but although all subsequent scans have agreed with my due date the consultant wont admit that he has made a mistake & change my due date (apparently they only have to click 1mm out when taking the measurements from the scan for there to be inaccuracies so therefore although the technology of the scan is correct there is still room for human error!!)

At my last appointment I asked the consultant if it was possible to have conceived on day 3 of my cycle while I was still having my period & his exact words were "That would be highly unlikely" so he is now keeping the "2" dates in mind!!

Hilary x
  • Thats a strange one I think u need to av a talk with ur Dr about wat this means. Either way nine days isn't a huge amount of time and as long as ur baby is born happy n healthy i shouldn't think that it will make that much difference. k x It's kinda hard to have a discusion w. her b/c she seems as though she has no time to explain things to me.This is my first baby,she thinks i should know what she means,but she puts them across to me as though i should be worry.and loosing a baby in nov by misc. i stay worried about every little thing she says.I've been thinking about changing Dr.'s , but not sure if i should this farr along.One of my friends sugg. her to me my last preg. and it was ok. but ive had 2 friends change b/c of the way she does things. My hubby tells me not to worry ..but of course thats like telling a dog not to chase a cat.lol
  • I think its important that you both feel comfortable with your dr & have confidence in what she says & that if you have any worries that she is able to take the time & explain things to you.

Personally if I felt like that I would seriously consider changing my dr

Hilary x
  • Try not to worry coz I'm in a similar position. My due date is 26th Nov & I know that it is correct because I was using ovulation sticks while trying to conceive. When I went for my booking scan they said that the due date was 18th November which is 8 days earlier than my original due date but although all subsequent scans have agreed with my due date the consultant wont admit that he has made a mistake & change my due date (apparently they only have to click 1mm out when taking the measurements from the scan for there to be inaccuracies so therefore although the technology of the scan is correct there is still room for human error!!)

At my last appointment I asked the consultant if it was possible to have conceived on day 3 of my cycle while I was still having my period & his exact words were "That would be highly unlikely" so he is now keeping the "2" dates in mind!!

Hilary xThat's exactly what went threw my mind when she told me that..that she made a mistake and dont want to admitt to it..I'm going to try not to worry...but thats so hard to do when you just want every thing to be ok. She acted upset when and u/s could do something she couldn't it was kinda funny..lol so she made the comment " that dont mean she will be mature" 9 days is not 9 months for gods sake.lol she will come when shes ready ..mother nature is it's own boss.
  • I think its important that you both feel comfortable with your dr & have confidence in what she says & that if you have any worries that she is able to take the time & explain things to you.

Personally if I felt like that I would seriously consider changing my dr

Hilary x I think your right. I should be able to talk to her ...I think she has to much going on..she has alot of patients..i mean alot..it takes her five mins. to come in tell me how farr along i am (which i know) measure me and shes done. and if i have ne q's i have to ask her before she runs out the door..its crzy...so i think i will ..do you know what all i would have to do to change dr's ..i just dont want ne more stress than i have to have..
  • Do you just go to see your dr or do you see mw's too. I personally prefer the mw's coz I think they have more time for you

Hilary x
  • Me and my husband discussed a m/w but where im located there isnt any. Ive heard alot of good things about them..and seen shows on tv. But as of right now i just go to a obgyn. I'm on med. so theres only a few thats takes that kind of ins. but i think im going to change to a dr. that my husbands sister knows and my sis-n-law used as well and he does 3-d u/s and she gets an u/s every doc visit..which is awesome...thinks for the advice