Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Family - grrrrr!!!

How come families just LOVE to interfere with pregnancies? Has any1 else had this problem? I wish I hadn't told them! I told them as soon as I knew when I did an early test (about 3-4 wks) and I have had 14 weeks of stress lol. I don't think I can take another 22.

They all have 'excellent' advice on what to do with a baby, do this do that I did this I did that :roll: I haven't had too many comments on my size yet but oh's grandad said 'it's not twins is it?!' but he's really blunt so I didn't mind. I could put up with that but everyone tells me what I should be doing and its frustrating. We went out for my sis' 18th on saturday and when my stepsister saw me drinking a (small!!!) glass of wine she was horrified!

And as for names it's 'What have you chosen? What have you chosen?' even though me and oh are keeping quiet they won't shut up asking!

Next time round I am definitely waiting!!!

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev118pr___.png

[Modified by: **Tiger Lily** on 26 November 2007 18:07:53 ]

Replies

• Families can be a bit of a nightmare at times!! I'm 24 and this is my third child- for my entire 33 weeks of pregnancy so far my mum and dad have went on and on and on (and onand on!!!) about make this your last and oh she will end up having six kids etc.

It does my head in but usually I just ignore them!!! I think when people get older they just want to be nagging about something or another lol
  • Families can be a bit of a nightmare at times!! I'm 24 and this is my third child- for my entire 33 weeks of pregnancy so far my mum and dad have went on and on and on (and onand on!!!) about make this your last and oh she will end up having six kids etc.

It does my head in but usually I just ignore them!!! I think when people get older they just want to be nagging about something or another lol
  • As for my grandma. She said 'Dont listen to what people say cos it's YOUR baby and I won't be telling you what to do'

Next breath...
    'Ooh and don't buy any of that awful tinned baby food! You can just as easily do your own in a blender!'

As it happens I agree with that cos I always think baby food looks like poo...haha...but what happened to my choice? Then again she is 80.
  • As for my grandma. She said 'Dont listen to what people say cos it's YOUR baby and I won't be telling you what to do'

Next breath...
    'Ooh and don't buy any of that awful tinned baby food! You can just as easily do your own in a blender!'

As it happens I agree with that cos I always think baby food looks like poo...haha...but what happened to my choice? Then again she is 80.
  • Hi tiger lily, sorry for gatecrashing im from baby forum but i like to come on and have a good rant when i can lol!! Just to advise you this gets ALOT worse when the baby arrives!!! I only have a problem with some people but it honestly drives me crazy! I just feel like saying for f##ks sake you had your kids 35 years ago it does change you know!!! As you see my pregnancy hormones are still well and truley in tact and i dont see them disappearing anytime soon and my lo is 16 weeks old today lol!! You raise your baby how you want and do want you want during pregnancy and dont be scared to say something to anybody if they annoy you and if they get upset just say oh its the hormones but tell them you are getting sick of the comments. With my lo now if anybody says something i go in a right rant and tell them why its better my way!! Sorry for the rant i love coming on here to moan its great xx
  • hello. ooooh people ranting i love it hope you don't mind me joining in, i felt just the same i felt like a surrogate mother for the in laws with all their tips and advice on everything like what to buy, feed, furnish, where to live, christen, send to school, the name (it's ok they rang to say they approve of the name now though! heehee) and all the rest of it along with the conversations that include all of the family except me! All seems to have calmed down now though so there is hope but something tells me it's gonna start again soon. Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggh! baby due in a week eek! All i can say is listen, ignore and grin through gritted teeth it's not like they can all live with us when baby comes.....can they!
    good luck to all
  • My family have actually been very good and supportive but i still get the odd comment like 'oh you cant find out the sex of your baby - it wont be a surprise'. Yes i can find out the sex of MY baby and it will still be a lovely surprise when she's safely born. Other people have said this to me too but tough - i know the sex and if they dont want to know they i wont tell them.

i have had the odd comment about my size too but not off family. At work i have had a few comments about 'needing to widen the doors soon' and 'blimey youve certainly piled on the weight since i last saw you'! I think i have gained about 3 pounds since being pregnant and i'm only 8st 11 now (last time i checked anyway). On the other hand, went to the hairdresser last week and informed her i was pregnant in case she needed to do a test strip for colour and she couldnt tell and said i was tiny compared to someone she worked with who was at the same stage of pregnancy as me! :roll:

I have yet to see my nana (who i havent seen for ages and i;m not that close too) and wait and see what she says. A few years back, i pilled on a few stone and she said to me in front of everyone 'blimey - what fat arms you are getting'! I went home and balled my eyes out. So cant wait to see what niceities i will get from her.!!

• Haha I love ranting, I've been really angry since I've been pregnant and find it hard keeping my mouth shut sooo I come on here. Sounds like you poor girls have had the same as me! A few weeks ago me my mum and her partner had a massive row about what pram to get, I mean a serious door-slamming row (dont ask...)

Anged, people keep moaning at us about finding out the sex too. It does my head in!!! Times have changed! Anyway funnily enough I know they'll all be calling me as soon as I come out of the scan in 2 weeks, desperate to know the sex so why do they sound so against it?