Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I NEED HELP

I AMTRYING TO SORT OUT GOING BACK TO WORK AND ITS NOT LOOKING TO GOOD!!!!! I WORK FOR THE NHS AND IM TRYING TO GET COMPRESSED HOURS!!!! I KNOW THAT I CAN REQUEST IT BUT WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM TURNED DOWN? I AM GETTING WORRIED ABOUT THIS I AM DUE TO GO TO WORK IN JAN 7TH THAY HAVENT EXACTLY BEEN HELPFULL WITH ME!!!!!!! I HOPING MY MANAGER WILL CONTACT ME TODAY BUT AS ITS NEARLY 6 I DOUBT IT THE OTHER THING IS MY MANAGER IS OFF SICK AND THERE IS A STAND IN ONE SO IM NOT SURE WHERE I STAND?? IF I DONT GET COMPRESSED HRS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IM GOING TO DO I CARNT AFFORD TO HAVE MY HRS REDUCED BUT I ALSO CARNT AFFORD TO PAY FOR CHILD CARE FOR FULL TIME HRS!!!!!! I AM IN REAL NEED OF HELP!!!!!!

Replies

• You need to speak to the stand in manager because they will still be obliged to deal with any issues. If they don't get anything sorted quite quickly (even in terms of arranging a meeting with you) I think you would need to escalate the issue to someone higher up the chain. Is there a personnel department you can contact? Keep a record of all the contact you have with anyone to demonstrate that you have been trying to sort something out. The bad news is that I don't think they are obliged to change your contract but they do have to at least consider it!! Also, I'm quite surprised the NHS is not being more helpful and accommodating.
    Keep pestering them as it will give you peace of mind in the longer term.
    Hope this helps and good luck. x
  • all ive doen is cry today which has made my lo upset and thats the last thing i want my stand in manager phoned me today with bad news she said i carnt have compressed hrs!!!! she is coming to see me next week i hope!!!! im so down now i wan thtis sorted before christmas i really carnt afford to loose any more hrs but i also carnt afford to have to work 5 days the price of child care is bad!!! im really upset and thats bad for me as not many things upset me!!! but i think that there isnt going to be a good compromise i am going to look at leaving an dgetting another job but i need to check how long i have to stay there!!! if sure ill sort it out but if any1 has any advice then plz post it!!!