Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy books...

Can anyone advise on any good pregnancy books they've bought? Im not too bothered how much it costs but i need a bible on it! Im such a worrier and it would be great just to be able to read up on everything from very early pregnancy to the birth! Ive heard about a book called "What to expect when your expecting" Is it any good? Or are there better out there? xx

Replies

• i got 'your pregnancy bible' and it seems to cover just about everything!
  • I borrowed 'What to expect when you're expecting' from the library and it is really good, has some great advice from early pregnancy till after the birth and has big sections on every month. x x x
  • I've got 2 great pregnancy books which I've relied on & referred to all the way through, especially as this is my first! ! I bought both from WHSmith....

* Pregnancy for Dummies
    ** Your Pregnancy Week by Week (Prof L Regan)

I think they were both around ??15 but well worth every penny. I've just bought a book which is all about the first 6 months for your newborn which also is great for a first timer like me....

* Collins Babycare week by week

Try browsing the bookshelves of WHSmith & John Lewis - they both have great selections...hope this helps hun xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/KmfHp1/.png

• hi my bible i could not live without is pregnancy week by week by professor lesley regan hope it helps you as much as it has me x x x
  • hi my bible i could not live without is pregnancy week by week by professor lesley regan hope it helps you as much as it has me x x x
  • Hi I've just got what to expect when you're expecting and it is very good. Also, if you are a bit freaked out (like I was) at the start, 100 things I hate about pregnacy is a great book to lighten things up for you! Not advice as such, just a realisation that you're not alone! x
  • Thank you for all your advice and no doubt im going to end up buying plenty! I just bought the "What to expect when you are expecting" From WHSmith online, hope doesnt take too long to deliver!! xx
  • ive got the your pregnancy day by day by professor rtuart campbell its really good got pics from the day you concieve its brill cost 10 pound at waterstones x