Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

reasurance scan

obviousley i've miscarried but the epu are offering me a reassurance scan on monday is this neccessary?
the woman on the phone said that its possible to have very heavy bleeds and still have a viable pg?
why would she get my hopes up?
surely gone with large blood clots as well? thATS WAT GP SAID!!!

Replies

• oh honny,
    I dont know.
    Have only just come back online after xmas and am really sorry to hear your news.
    Mayeb go for the scan and have it confir,ed either way. If you go execting them to confirm a miscarry and use it as an advice asking session then you can start well and truly resh in 2008 and get a bfp sooner
    (and if it is anything different it may be a nice bonus)

I really dont know what to say hon. I think, if it was me, I would go, but i cant really advise you on what to do.

Thinking of you hon.

xxxxxx
  • Maybe its to check everything has gone or to cover their own backs, some people might sue if they are still pg after being told they have miscarried cos of emotional stress caused. Maybe its worth it for your own piece of mind
  • I would go for the scan to be on the safe side if I were you.
    xx
  • i know but it'll be an internal and its uncomfortable, and i don't know how i'll feel seeing my empty womb, i just really feel like i've had enough at the mo and i'm trying so hard to laugh and smile and be me.
    And the woman who hit me still hasn't admitted liability so i have to pay excess for thetime being,marks sick too, so i'm doing everything and beenup since 5am with little one when allireally want to do is curl up in a ball and cry!!

Sorry that was a rant.
  • I just wanted to tell you about my sister in law, who has a medical condition and has had 9 MC's.

When she was pregnant with my nephew, we were on holiday when she had a bleed. I went in the ambulance with her and was pretty shocked at just how much blood she lost and a lot of large clots. She had a scan 2 days later to confirm everything had gone and she didn't need a D&C (as we were in summerset at the time and they didn't have the facilities in their hospital) and to all of our shock, she was still pregnant. My nephew is now 4 years old.

I don't want to get your hopes up too much, but for now, try to keep an open mind and take reassurance in that what is meant to be, will be and that no matter what happens, i am sure you will have plenty of family, friends and girls on this site, who will be here to support you.

I will be thinking of you

J x
  • Thank u 4 ur msgs i have decided to go for the scan as hubby really wants to make sure everything is gone. if i'm honest i'd say preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.
    But i think i know deep down its gone, so looks like i'll be back on to month 3 of ttc when we decide to anyway. xxxx
  • we'll be thinking of you tomorrow babe let us know how it goes xx
  • thinking of you sweetpea, hop you get what you want.
    good luck
  • The scan will let you know for definite and put your mind at rest one way or other. Good luck with whatever you decide and take care. Thinking of you. Filo x
  • Good luck tomorrow Jenna. I didn't like to say to get your hopes up but we have a friend just like JPH's, she had such a heavy bleed and clots her and her OH told all close friends and family they had lost little one but went for a scan and she too was fine. They monitored her just in case but her LO is 18 months now and healthy.

Don't want to get your hopes up hun, but you never do know. Just glad you are going for the scan to put your mind at rest either way.

Will be thinking of you hun
    xxxxx
  • Thanks just want things over and done with now, keep thinking i'm not gonna start ttc untili get a new job sorted but then i think i really wanna be pregnant again!
    xxxx
  • Hi, just wanted to tell you my story incase it helps. When I was pg with my daughter I had very heavy bleed and was admitted to gyn ward. Had scan next day and had not mc. went home, and within hour started to bleed even heavier and was passing large clots. went back to hosp. and had internal which showed that cervix still closed. Doc reassured me that had not mc, was kept in for 4 days observation. Went home, bled lightly for another week. Daughter was born healthy 6mths later.

I dont want to raise your hopes, but I was convinced that I couldnt still be pg after bleeding so heavily. Miracles do happen, and I hope with all my heart that this is the case with you. x